Senior Goodbye: Renee Miedlar

Senior Goodbye: Renee Miedlar

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
May 17, 2013
Filed under Opinion

I honestly never thought that graduating high school would come this fast. Looking back at how much my life has evolved over the past 4 years, it's hard to pin point the moment when high school started to pass me by. At times it was so routine that the days started to blend together and it seemed out... Read More »

Board candidates campaign at coffees, open houses, and forums

Katie Maxwell, Renee Miedlar, and Rachael Kluba
April 5, 2013
Filed under News, Top Stories

In the weeks leading up to the April 9 school board election, the six candidates have made several appearances to help the public understand their interests and goals for the next few years.  March 19, at a PTO meeting held at RB, candidates mingled with parents as a way of gauging the community’s... Read More »

Every Student Has a Story: Stephany Lambruschini

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
February 26, 2013
Filed under Every Student Has A Story, Features, Top Stories

The reality of picking up and leaving to move to a completely foreign country is an unnerving transition for anyone, let alone a young girl. Letting go of a life that you have invested so much devotion into and completely changing your lifestyle and surroundings can be one of the most difficult changes... Read More »

Riverside Holiday Stroll offers Santa, lights, treats, and more

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
December 6, 2012
Filed under Lifestyles, Slideshow, Top Stories, Video

On Friday, November 30th, Riverside held its 38th annual Holiday Stroll between 5:30 and 9 p.m..  The community gathered at the water tower at 5:45 to see the arrival of Santa Claus and the watch him flip the master switch to turn on all the lights on the Christmas trees. After he performed... Read More »

Top 5: Trick-or-Treating Alternatives

Top 5:  Trick-or-Treating Alternatives

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
October 30, 2012
Filed under Guides, Interactive Media, Lifestyles

If you’re tired of trick-or-treating every year on Halloween, then adopt a new tradition! There are a wide variety of different activities to do with friends and family instead of aimlessly walking around the neighborhood for candy.  Clarion has five different ways to spend your Halloween free from... Read More »

EVERY STUDENT HAS A STORY: Emily Hastings

EVERY STUDENT HAS A STORY:  Emily Hastings

Renee Miedlar, PR Editor
April 9, 2012
Filed under Features

Junior Emily Hastings may look like just a typical student, but she juggles a social life, school, and sports. She started on little league team and worked her way up to travel teams when she was only eleven years old. Freshman year, she was placed on the RB’s softball sophomore team but later advanced... Read More »

Feed author Anderson visiting RB’s freshmen on April 9

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
April 5, 2012
Filed under News

On April 9th, MT Anderson, author of the novel Feed, will be visiting RB to discuss his book with freshmen and former SEE team members. A select number of students will also be able to join him for a special breakfast during first period in the Alumni Lounge. Though the breakfast is only available... Read More »

Art, Math clubs follow the road to reinstatement

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
January 31, 2012
Filed under News, Top Stories

Due to the budgetary constraints that have impacted RB over this past school year, difficult decisions were made by the board concerning what clubs were to be funded and which were to be cut. Two of the cut clubs, Art Club and Math Club, have now recently restarted thanks to the school board’s decision... Read More »

POINT: Apple throwing gives us a chance to stand up and be heard

POINT:  Apple throwing gives us a chance to stand up and be heard

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
December 20, 2011
Filed under Columns, Opinion, Top Stories

READ TAYLOR OWEN'S COUNTERPOINT OPINION Integrity isn’t simply something that is handed to you;  it appears through the honesty and truthfulness of your actions.  It’s about taking responsibility for yourself and realizing that you aren’t the only one... Read More »

Budget decisions prompt early registration

Renee Miedlar, PR Editor
December 14, 2011
Filed under News, Top Stories

Typically school registration doesn't take place until later in the year, but due to a desire to get an earlier handle on budgeting, the administration has decided to bump registration up to late November to early January. Each grade registers at a different period of time. This year juniors started... Read More »

Administrators receive raises against backdrop of cuts

Renee Miedlar, Public Relations Editor
September 27, 2011
Filed under News, Top Stories

During a closed meeting of the Board of Education on August 9th, the board unanimously approved pay raises for all of its top administrators except for new superintendent Dr. Kevin Skinkis who is in the first year of his contract.  Beneficiaries include Principal Pam Bylsma, Assistant Principal... Read More »

Don’t be defined by your body image

Renee Miedlar, Staff Reporter
May 9, 2011
Filed under Opinion

Whether you believe it or not, your words can have a huge impact on someone’s life. Sometimes we tend to forget how the negative comments we make can hurt someone’s self-esteem and confidence. Just because someone looks different from the normal standard of beauty doesn’t make them any less of... Read More »

Pedestrian bridge over 1st Avenue proposed

Renee Miedlar, Staff Member
April 14, 2011
Filed under News, Top Stories

A little over two weeks ago, the Riverside village board discussed a potential bridge on First Avenue to help people cross the street more safely and easily. The idea was supported and the board give permission for grant applications.  It would help students of RB and Hauser get to school more conveniently... Read More »

Romance and comedy in No Strings Attached

imagesCA6T3Q0S

No Strings Attached

Can Emma and Adam maintain their relationship?

Our Rating: 8/10

Renee Miedlar, Staff Reporter
March 2, 2011
Filed under Entertainment, Movies & TV

Is it possible to be friends with benefits without developing feelings for one another? In the new movie No Strings Attached, two long time friends decide to experiment and become friends with benefits. The two establish rules so that the arrangement doesn’t get complicated... Read More »