Students set to “Light Up the Night”

Homecoming theme announced

Student Association members work on the banner to decorate homecoming.

Lauren Grimaldi, News Editor

On Saturday October 5, the annual Homecoming Dance will be held. The dance will start around seven pm and end at ten.  The theme, voted on by members of SA (Student Association), is Light up the Night.

“At an SA meeting there were ten ideas brought up, and everyone had a week to think about them. And then at the following meeting [over 80] members voted on it. ” said SA sponsor Angela Ziola.

Other themes were shopped around such as Star Wars, Disney, disco, and old school. In addition to the dance, the preceding week will be Spirit Week and will conclude with a pep rally at 2:15 on Friday in the stadium for the football game that night against Glenbard South.

Spirit Week Schedule:

Monday (9/30) -PJ/Comfy Day
Tuesday (10/1) – Sports Day
Wednesday (10/2) – Neon Day
Thursday (10/3) – Throwback Day
Friday (10/4) – Crazy Blue and White Day

On Thursday, the music department is sponsoring a talent show that will take place at 7 pm.

Homecoming court nominations took place on September 18 during lunch. On this day, seniors had a chance to nominate up to ten girls and ten boys for homecoming king and queen. The names of those twenty students who received the most votes will be announced on Monday, September 23.  Then seniors will get to nominate five boys and five girls from those twenty.  After that, the entire school will vote on October 2 in their second period class.

The king and queen will be crowned during the pep rally.

“There are will also be many lunch activities [throughout Spirit Week],” Ziola said.   They will include different kinds of games and the traditional penny pinch.  Money raised during Spirit Week will go to benefit Victory for Vincent as well as many other causes.