Tee Time: Golf season recap

Sydney Sandrick, Staff Reporter

Hole in One! As the golf season has come to an end Riverside Brookfield’s final record was (Junior Varsity) 6-5. They’ve had a couple tough matches. For example their competitors were Walter Payton College Prep, Fenton and Illiana Christian High School.

“My favorite memory was sectionals because it was a good experience for the 3 people that made it,” said Varsity player Chris Robertson.

Making it to sectionals was one of Robertson’s biggest accomplishments of the season. It was also his first year playing and was very excited too.

“There was three of us going into sectionals and I was excited to be one of them,” said Robertson.

Although they did not advance in sectionals another player James Martin was very close to making it to state.

“My favorite thing about Golf is being able to go out meet new people and having meets,” said Junior Varsity player Colby Campbell.

Campbell enjoys playing Golf and being able to meet new friends while doing it. Going to meets was also a good experience no matter a win or a lost.

“Fenton was our biggest competition, they’ll always be our rivals,” said Junior Varsity player Joey Vitek.

Vitek thought that out of all school fenton will always be their top competition but with hard work hopefully by next year Fenton would not be a competition at all.

“My biggest accomplishment was hitting the net at the driving range,” said Varsity player Harrison Baer.

Baer thinks that this year was fantastic and loved trying something new. He would like to work on his short game for in the future next year. This was also Baer’s first year of playing at Golf, he decided to do it because of his friends and is glad he joined.