Signed, the Theater Department

Students work on decorating their bricks

Ariana Porras, Staff Reporter

The Theater Department has added a new tradition for the cast and crew members of their biannual shows to enjoy. All members of the cast and tech crew will be given a brick of their own to paint their name and graduation year on in the backstage area of the auditorium.

The idea came from the head of tech crew, Matt McConnell.

“It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a few years now… This is the first year where I’ve had a little more free time and decided one day that, ‘Alright, let’s make it happen,’” said McConnell.

Students have even helped put the idea into action, advocating for a way to leave their mark on Riverside Brookfield High School.

“Everyone started to bring it up, and I really pushed for it… and it’s our thing now,” said Senior Hadley DiForti.

A majority of the cast and crew have already signed their brick, contributing to to the growing collage. Students, such as freshman Daniela Quiroga, are excited to have a new tradition in the Theater Department.

“It’s really cool to get to decorate your own little piece of the wall, so you’re done with college, you can come back and visit and see, ‘Oh, that’s my brick,’” said Quiroga.

Signed, the Theater Department, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating