Leslie Nielsen will be sorely missed

Photo courtesy of MCT Campus

Nick Kirkines, A&E Manager

Last month one of the greatest comedic actors died of pneumonia surrounded by family and friends. Throughout his career Leslie Nielson played many roles including Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun series of movies.

Born in 1926, Nielsen was raised by an abusive father. Inspired by his uncle, he set out to become an actor. In 1950 he starred in many documentaries and television shows, however his acting career would not take off until he starred in the movie Ransom!.

From there his success snowballed. Getting the role of Barry Rumack in the Airplane! , the very same movie that allowed him to deliver the famous line “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley”. Leslie Nielsen was one of the funniest actors who ever lived.

Never taking his career too seriously, Nielsen’s success was as big as the laughter his movies produced. Leslie Nielson was an amazing actor who will be missed by family and fans alike.

Nick Kirkines, A&E Editor

In his third and last year in Clarion, Nick Kirkines returns in his first ever Editorship capacity. As A&E Editor he is responsible for insuring the relevance of all stories that dream of being Arts or  Entertainment related.

But what about non-reporter Nick?

Turns out he’s pretty boring.

As a Varsity Football player the majority of his time this year will be spent, well…. playing football. When not playing football, he is working to maintan his grades with the hopes of attending West Point next June.

Nick can be reached at [email protected].