RB visits with Our Town

Play set for 11/6 - 11/8

Paul Kritikos and Jimmy Nolter

Nick Rogoz, Staff Reporter

The Fall Play returns this week to RB.  This year, the Fine Arts department will be putting on Our Town by Thornton Wilder.  In selecting the play, director Diane Marelli had to consider the size of the cast, the available budget, and the time available to prepare for and perform the play.

Our Town is set in the fictional town of Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire.  The story follows average townspeople throughout their lives in the early twentieth century and depicts their every day life.

After the failure of the 2011 educational fund referendum, the school board cut back on productions, eliminating the Fall Play and putting the Spring Musical on an every-other-year schedule.  Both have now been returned to regular annual production.

“We wanted students to experience both,” said Interim Principal Kristin Smetana.

Auditions were held in September.  The play will go on stage from November 6 to 8.  Show times will be 7 p.m. on opening night, and 7:30 on the following two nights in the Main Auditorium.

Nick Rogoz, Co Editor-in-Chief

After winning the World Polo Championship for the 25th straight year, Nick had to give up being the Michael Jordan of the polo world after he and his horse broke a combined 10,756 bones in a freak skiing accident. Devastated, Nick tried to find something else to occupy himself. He tried acting, dancing, Johnny Depp impressions, beekeeping, fighting bears, yodeling, doing bagpipe covers of 80’s pop hits, and gardening. After many years of searching, he finally found his true calling, which was 3D printing life size Shia LaBeouf statues.

In reality, I am a junior at RB, and am on my second year with Clarion. I am a story editor this year, and can be reached at [email protected]                                                                  

Paul Kritikos, Media/Layout Editor

He wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is his real test. To train them is his cause. He will travel across the land, searching far and wide. The Pokemon, they understand, the power that’s inside. Every challenge along the way, with courage he will face. He will battle every day to claim his rightful place. Come with him, the time is right. There’s no better team. Arm in arm, he’ll win the fight. It’s always been his dream.

Paul Kritikos is back for his third year of Clarion, and he’s a media editor. He also makes the comics, and on the swim team. He plans on having a good senior year, with more to do, and more responsibility.

Paul Kritikos can be reached at [email protected]

Jimmy Nolter, Staff Reporter

Jimmy is currently a Senior at RB, and participates only in Clarion.  Jimmy played football Freshmen and Sophomore year, but decided to run cross country last year.  He used to wrestle for RB.  There aren’t too many activities or clubs here at RB that draw Jimmy’s attention.  Mostly he bides his time studying and doing homework for all of his AP classes.

Jimmy does other things than sports though, he plays sumptuous games such as Metro: Last Light, Deadpool, Halo: Reach, and other well known and not so well known games.  Aside from playing video games Jimmy also enjoys anime such as Angel Beats, Desert Punk, Tri-gun, and Gun Grave to pass the time.  Other than enjoying the virtual world Jimmy does embrace reality with his friends by pranking each other.

Jimmy Nolter can be reached at [email protected]

Chris Olszewski, Opinion Editor

Chris Olszewski is nothing if not a walking contradiction. Though he prefers being a lone wolf, he always enjoys good company. If there is one thing Chris Olszewski is good at, it’s worrying too much. If there is one thing he is not good at, it’s worrying about things other people think he should worry about. He’s him. Not them. And he does not care. This nonchalance works in his favor on occasion.

Chris is an award-winning journalist and movie buff (these went hand in hand). He loves playing games (although he takes frequent breaks in between matches of Smite or Counter Strike) and enjoys being around his friends. He does not appear much in public, and an (inter)view deep into his psyche is an opportunity few receive. Willingly, anyway. He loves to talk.

He can be contacted at [email protected]