RB visits with Our Town

Play set for 11/6 - 11/8

Paul Kritikos and Jimmy Nolter

Nick Rogoz, Staff Reporter

The Fall Play returns this week to RB.  This year, the Fine Arts department will be putting on Our Town by Thornton Wilder.  In selecting the play, director Diane Marelli had to consider the size of the cast, the available budget, and the time available to prepare for and perform the play.

Our Town is set in the fictional town of Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire.  The story follows average townspeople throughout their lives in the early twentieth century and depicts their every day life.

After the failure of the 2011 educational fund referendum, the school board cut back on productions, eliminating the Fall Play and putting the Spring Musical on an every-other-year schedule.  Both have now been returned to regular annual production.

“We wanted students to experience both,” said Interim Principal Kristin Smetana.

Auditions were held in September.  The play will go on stage from November 6 to 8.  Show times will be 7 p.m. on opening night, and 7:30 on the following two nights in the Main Auditorium.

Nick Rogoz, Co Editor-in-Chief

After winning the World Polo Championship for the 25th straight year, Nick had to give up being the Michael Jordan of the polo world after he and his horse...

Paul Kritikos, Media/Layout Editor

He wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is his real test. To train them is his cause. He will travel across the land, searching...

Jimmy Nolter, Staff Reporter

Jimmy is currently a Senior at RB, and participates only in Clarion.  Jimmy played football Freshmen and Sophomore year, but decided to run cross country...

Chris Olszewski, Opinion Editor

Chris Olszewski is nothing if not a walking contradiction. Though he prefers being a lone wolf, he always enjoys good company. If there is one thing Chris...