Heartfelt thanks to Passarella highlights Vets Day

Galen Alaks

Veteran Dennis Wood hands a challenge coin to tearful Assistant Principal John Passarella.  Passarella is in his last year before retirement.  Wood thanked him for the service and leadership he has shown to RB.

Galen Alaks

Veteran Dennis Wood hands a challenge coin to tearful Assistant Principal John Passarella. Passarella is in his last year before retirement. Wood thanked him for the service and leadership he has shown to RB.

Galen Alaks, Layout Editor

RB continued its annual November 11 Veterans Day tradition with its now classic assembly.  The event, hosted by Social Studies teacher John Fields, featured a whole school assembly where the band and choir performed a the Star Spangled Banner as well as a medley of various military anthems.  Fields then read a prepared statement about the importance of the national holiday and thanked the veterans, including his own father, for attending.  After Fields’ speech, veteran Dennis Wood thanked Assistant Principal John Passarella for his many years of service and presented him with an official military challenge coin.  Passarella is in his final year of work at RB before retirement.

Did you miss the assembly?  Take a look at Clarion’s video highlights.

About the Contributor
Galen Alaks, Co Editor-in-Chief

Baked Alaksa

1 cup of dorkiness

Two cups of mismatched socks

1/2 cup of editor-in-chief

Twelve cups of spaghetti

A pinch of anxiety

Four tablepoons of plaid

One pair of glasses

Two tablespoons of nerdiness

Heck, four more cups of anxiety

One cup of love of bunnies

A touch of basil (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a semi-human figure. Keep frozen. DO NOT open the refrigerator. If you do, the Baked Alaksa will begin to attempt co-running a school newspaper. Keep out of reach of bunnies. Add a dash of sass for a spicier flavor.  DO NOT CONSUME: too consumed with itself. To contact a finished product, email [email protected].