Coming home again

Nick Kirkines, Staff Reporter

Obviously one of the most talked about events this week, if not this year will be homecoming. The football game, pep rally, and annual dance combine to induce school spirit among the student body and excite age old competition between upper and lowerclassmen.

This year’s homecoming king and queen were Mark McDonagh and Emily Chapman. After they were announced at the dance the winners shared a dance to “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts.

However everything did not go totally smoothly for the king and queen. Apparently the student body did not want to separate so that the king and queen could go down the center aisle. Eventually the students were dispersed and the dance continued.

The music selection proved to be suitable both for people who came alone and for those who had dates.  Some group favorites were the “Cha Cha Slide” by DJ Casper and the “Soulja Boy”. Other popular songs used were Taylor Swift’s “Love Song” and “You Belong with Me”. The music followed the theme of going through the ages with the minor leaps into the 21st century.

The decorations were completed thanks to the RB Student Association. One particular poster designed by S.A. demonstrated the dress styles of each time period.

Students strutted their stuff on the dance floor for most of the night, which really helped to make the evening a success.

The food selection was extremely varied this year. Refreshments ranged from cookies to pretzels, with drinks like water and kool-aid.

Homecoming was a fantastic night and the students of RB are hoping that the rest of the school year will be just as enjoyable.