Ethan’s World

Ethan+enjoying+his+Thursday%0APhoto+by+Elizabeth+Johnston+

Ethan enjoying his Thursday Photo by Elizabeth Johnston

Ethan Tkalec, Staff Reporter

Before I came to RB, I went to Hauser. Hauser was a very different school from RB for me. While I did like Hauser, there were still things that were tough for me when I was there. The classes and work I had to do everyday was sometimes difficult. I had a lot of great friends and teachers and I participated in a lot of activities that Hauser provided. The activities that I did after school were the best part of being at Hauser. We took a field trip to the Brookfield Zoo. With the Cougar Buddies, I went to Springfield to see the Abraham Lincoln Museum, we planned parties and made a commercial to promote the group. I was also in two play productions: Beauty and the Beast and Sherlock Holmes. All of these activities made my middle school experience enjoyable.

I was nervous about my transition to high school. I thought there would be a lot of hard work, but I found out that there wasn’t going to be as much hard work as I thought there would be. I love my classes and my teachers. The classes are very interesting and the teachers are spectacular. There is a wide variety of classes and activities to participate in. I am a part of Best Buddies. We have been doing a lot of fun activities during and outside of school like holiday parties, going to dances, and hanging out with my buddy, Jake Garvey, who is able to give me brotherly advice and help me acclimate to RB. I go to art club twice a month where I draw pictures and chill with my friends. I am also taking a photography class this semester and have been using a digital camera to take and later edit pictures. Next semester, I will be taking an acting class and I am really looking forward to it. These activities have given me more time to make new friends in high school. I have already made some great friends here. So far, after being here for only three short months, I really like high school more than I thought I would. I am looking forward to my future at RB and can’t wait to see what is in store for me here along the way!