UPDATED: RB holds canine drug search

Rebecca Rusiecki, Editor-in-Chief

On  Wednesday, September 19,  RB held a canine drug search. The search began at the beginning of third hour and concluded at the end of the period. During this time, students and staff were not allowed to leave their classrooms in what school administration called a “Shelter in Place” drill.  The search was conducted by the Riverside Police Department.

UPDATE:
According to a press release issued after the conclusion of the search, the search was a routine exercise.  In the e-mailed statement to the press, RB administration said, “The search was a collaborative effort between the District 208 administration and the Riverside Police Department in an effort to create a safe and drug-free environment within the school.”

Rebecca Rusiecki, Editor in Chief

Rebecca Rusiecki is thrilled to begin her third year on the Clarion Staff. As Editor in Chief, Rebecca has big plans for the paper. She is a Senior and hopes to use her last year at RB covering school events and improving the paper.

In addition to journalism, Rebecca also enjoys tennis and badminton. She participates on RB’s Model United Nations, Speech Team, and is a class officer for the class of 2014. She is obsessed with politics and loves to debate. She plans to study political science, go to law school and become further involved in government and politics.

Rebecca Rusiecki can be reached by e-mailing [email protected]