Sensational summer concerts

What you might have missed in the music world

Grace Rock
Taylor Swift and her band mate rocking out at their concert at soldier field in Chicago!

Alexia Kingzette, Staff Reporter

In the summer there are a thousand things to do. Maybe you went to summer camp or on an amazing vacation. Maybe you worked to super hard and wanted to spend your money on something you love. That’s what Grace Rock a sophomore did. She resourcefully saw over thirty bands and artists this summer. A few of her favorites included Ed Sheeran, Five Seconds to Summer, and The Postal Service.

She had quite a variety of taste, hitting up the more alternative and indie music scene. Still, she also saw some popular concerts with Summer Bash and Taylor Swift performing at Soldier Field. Here’s a look at some of this summer’s concerts. It may even inspire you to listen to a new artist or two.

Some awesome artists to look forward to Macklemore (Nov. 4),  Paramore (Nov.24), Pretty Reckless (Oct. 27), Noah and the Whale (Oct 9), and Jay Z (Jan.9).

Alexia Kingzette, Story Editor

Alexia Kingzette may have disappeared from Clarion for the past year and a half but that’s just because she’s been busy breaking world news. Recently returning back to Riverside Brookfield High School after exploring the world, she is now fluent in three languages, has met ambassadors from four different nations, and been so jet lagged she’s slept an entire twenty-four hours. In the past year she has written stories that tae place in Alaska to Australia, Honolulu to Madrid.k

In reality, Alexia is a senior story editor returning to Clarion after having missed a year due to schedule conflicts. The past year off has made her a better writer and she’s thrilled to be an editor so she can have a bigger role for the paper. She’s now ready to report about anything and everything. When she’s not busy writing stories for Clarion she’s got her head in a book, doing gymnastics, playing badminton, or serving at a retirement home. You can reach her at [email protected]