Highest scoring college game in history

MCT Campus (11/12/10)

Dave Skowronski, Staff Reporter

On Saturday, November 6, over one hundred thousand people came to watch two Big Ten schools go head to head in Ann Arbor, Michigan for four quarters and then some. The two teams added up to over 1200 total yards and 17 touchdowns. The game scoring was highest in college football history with the score totaling 132 points.

The two teams were the Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini. The game went into three overtimes with Michigan coming away with a 67-65 win.

The Illini offense was led by freshman quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase. Scheelhaase had 312 all purpose yards and 4 total touchdowns. He was 14/25 with 211 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air. He added on with 21 carries for 101 yards rushing and one touchdown.

For Michigan, the Wolverines were led by Jr. wide receiver Roy Roundtree who in the first half had 192 yards receiving in the first half. Roundtree finished the game with nine receptions and a record setting 246 receiving yards in the game.

Quarterback  Denard Robinson contributed by throwing three touchdowns and 303 yards in the game. Robinson had to leave the game due to a headache. He did not finish the fourth.

Tate Forcier started the fourth and finished the game throwing  12/19, 114 yards and two touchdowns.