Basketballer Ryan Jackson commits to Lewis

Courtesy of http://www.rbhs208athletics.org/

Jackson poses as he signs a letter of intent to Lewis.

Bryan Doyle, Staff Reporter

Not many student athletes in high school continue to play sports at the collegiate level. North Riverside’s very own Ryan Jackson has committed to play basketball at Lewis University located in Romeoville, Illinois. He plans to study aviation while playing at Lewis.

The 6’2” senior point guard turned downed several Division 1 offers from Chicago State, North Dakota, South Dakota State, West Point, and Utah Valley. When asked why he chose a division 2 school over the schools, Jackson said, “The location, it’s close to home. Also I really like the coaching staff and the general atmosphere of Lewis.” 

Jackson has been on the varsity basketball team since his sophomore year. He recently led the team against the Lyons Township Lions having a huge game dropping 33 points last Saturday. When asked how he felt after the game, he said “My finger tips were burning after the game. I had to put my hand in bucket of ice immediately after.”

Jackson is a court leader and a valuable asset to the Bulldog’s season this year.  His swagger and court presence are unmatched to most players. The team hopes to win the conference for the tenth year in a row with the help of Jackson.