J.V. Cheerleading qualifies for State

Alleigh VandeMerkt, Staff Reporter

On Sunday December 12, the J.V. Cheerleaders competed in their first competition of the season in Bolingbrook.   They took second place which qualified them for the State Competition. The State competition will take place on February 13th.

“We are super excited to be going down State,” Said Sophomore Julia Reyes. “We dropped out of our first competition because we didn’t think we were ready, so we were really nervous for this competition and ended up doing extremely well.

The varsity cheerleaders were unable to compete in a competition at Sandburg high school on the 5th of December.  Emily Arp was injured with a concussion, which forced the squad to withdraw from the competition. “The concussion was from a cheerleading stunt at practice. It was really disappointing to not be able to compete,” Said Arp.

The girls are looking forward to their upcoming competition on 18th of December. They hope to for State.

“We’re really excited because it’s our first competition of the year;” said Junior Kelly Kramer “We’ve been practicing really hard and I think we will do really well.”

The girls also will compete in the conference competition and the Regional competition this season.