Fine Arts Night will help benefit Dreams for Daniele

After much fanfare, Dreams for Daniele is only a few days away.  A Fine Arts silent auction March 18 will precede the event and raise additional funds.

Emily Filec

After much fanfare, Dreams for Daniele is only a few days away. A Fine Arts silent auction March 18 will precede the event and raise additional funds.

Emily Filec, Staff Reporter

The Fine Arts Department is hosting a Fine Arts Night supporting Dreams for Daniele.  The event will occur Monday, March 18 from 7-8:30 p.m..  The idea for the event stemmed from three sophomores: Monica Mascitti, Parely Belsey, and Samantha Winslow.

When asked for the reason as to why the girls decided to undertake this huge event, Mascitti said, “I went to Komarek and we attend the same church. It is something that just has to be done for the family.”

Students and staff had the opportunity to donate pieces of art that will be displayed and auctioned at the night’s silent art auction, which will be held in the art pit above the Commons Area. The benefit will include performances from more than twenty musicians from the band, orchestra and choir. Orchesis will also be performing in the Lehotsky Room (201). Many of the solos and ensembles involved will be presenting their pieces from the IHSA Solo and Ensemble Contest that was held Saturday, March 2.

While the girls’ goal is to raise at least $500 from admission (there is a suggested $5 donation at the door) they are unsure of the amount that will be raised as a result of the art auction.

This event precedes the primary Dreams for Daniele event, held March 19, where students and staff will be shaving their heads during the school day and raising money.  Money will go directly to the Santucci family to help with Daniele’s medical costs while hair donations will go to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.

About the Contributor
Emily Filec, Staff Reporter

Emily Filec is a senior and is super excited to be on the Clarion staff! When she isn’t training for the Olympics, Emily makes time for academics, extra-curriculars and cheering on the Bulldogs at sporting events. She can’t wait to test her Olympic writing skills this year on Clarion! Gooo Bulldogs!!!

Emily is involved in a wide variety of activities. She is the President of Student Association, a J. Kyle Braid leader, a member of the National Honor Society, as well as the Conflict Resolution Team and most importantly, a new staff reporter for the Clarion!