Former DC Duell doing okay in typhoon aftermath

Courtesy of MCT Campus (11/15)

Niko Radicanin, Staff Reporter

November 7 a horrible disaster unfolded in the Philippines as  Typhoon Haiyan hit with wind speeds topping 170 mph, leaving devastating damage. Aid from all around the world is currently helping out.

One of RB’s own, former Department Chair of Library and Instructional Technology, Alicia Duell left RB last year to go teach abroad in Manila, capital of the Philippines. Thankfully, Duell and her family safely evacuated in time.  Principal Pam Bylsma informed staff via e-mail that Duell and her family are doing well in the aftermath of the storm.

For those interested in offering aid to storm victims, the Red Cross will gladly accept donations

Niko Radicanin, Editor-in-Chief

Niko is a famous reporter that travels the world. She has interviewed many people including but not limited to: Barack Obama, Michael Jackson, Robby Filec, and Kim Jong Un. (Cause she’s just that good). While she isn’t traveling the world in a luxurious yacht, she is competing in the Olympics in tennis as Serena William’s doubles partner. She only speaks Pig Latin, but can write in 54 other languages.

Niko is a Senior at RB. Niko is actively involved in badminton, Best Buddies and Young Life. This is her third year in Clarion, and she currently is the Editor-in-Chief. She aspires to attend college and major in journalism. Niko Radicanin can be reached at [email protected]