Prom theme: Up, Up, and Away

Lauren Grimaldi, News Editor

Today, Junior Student Association members announced the 2014 Prom theme:  Up, Up, and Away.  SA had hinted at the theme with clues all week, including a saxophone solo playing the theme from Disney’s Up.

Prom will take place at the Intercontinental Hotel in Rosemont.  Last year, Prom was hosted at Fulton’s on the River.  The dance will take place May 2 from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m..  Although the dance begins at 6:30, buses will begin leaving from RB at 6:00.  The last bus will leave at 6:15.  All students and guests attending are required to ride the buses  to and from the hotel with no exceptions.

The dance will include a gourmet meal and a huge dance floor.  Tickets are on sale for $80.

Lauren Grimaldi, News Editor

Lauren Grimaldi is very excited to spend her last of high school as an editor on Clarion. When she isn’t writing superb news stories, she can be found watching tv and cheering on the Blackhawks to another Stanley Cup.

In the past, Lauren has participated in Badminton, RBTV, and Seussical the Musical for which she won an Academy Award for her portrayal of a jungle animal/courtroom person. Next year, she hopes to attend college in Chicago and major in Political Science.

Lauren can be reached at [email protected]