Winter Art Show dazzles

Caitie Rusen & Cameron Shaw
Sophomore, Alana Novak’s “Girl Among a Million Trees” was awarded 2nd place in the category of Realism: photography. She was the only RBHS Student to win.

Cameron Shaw & Caitie Rusen, Staff Reporters

Riverside Brookfield High School held their annual Winter Art Show located in the school’s auditorium Wednesday, February. Many participated, showing and creating incredible pieces of art. Each piece of art was placed into a category, where it had a chance to win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. There was also a possibility to win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall in the show.

13 conference schools participated, and 7 students from RBHS were selected to participate.

The Riverside Brookfield participants were: Ben Gembara, Caley Stainlaw, Emily Temmer, Taylor Jensen, Mia Caballero, Elizabeth Rowley, and Alana Novak.

This group was selected as some of the most promising underclassmen in the art department. They participated in a studio workshop ran by a local working artist that included oil stick portraits, acrylic painting, photograms in the dark room, sculpture, and wheel throwing.

Sophomore, Alana Novak, was the only Riverside Brookfield winner at the art show with her piece, “Girl Among a Million Trees.”

The judges, teachers, and students were pleased with the turnout of the Art Show, and can’t wait for next year.  Here are some pictures of the amazing artwork placed at the show.