The 2015 Homecoming Court

The top 10 nominees for boys homecoming court stand with nominee Silvana Alvarez.

Silvana Alvarez

Vivian Marina Piña, Staff Reporter

The 2015 Homecoming Court will include the following students:

Girls: Nida Aleksa, Silvana Alvarez, Selene Anaya, Hannah Flynn, Mckenna Powers

Boys: Jeremiah Clarkson, Alex Martinson, David Pribyl Pierdinock, Daniel Waas, Dean Zigulich

Other nominees who did not become part of the court were: Keri Burke, Megan Calby, Taylor Holin, Julia Kurth, Nicole LaBelle, Isabella McGuire, Lukas Kulbis, Tom Loftus, Ryan Swift, Francis Urbanski, and Zachary Witken.

All grade levels will vote for Homecoming King and Queen on Wednesday, September 30, during second period, and the winners will be announced at the pep assembly on October 2.

Vivian Marina Piña, Editor-in-Chief

Vivian Marina Piña started out as a farmboy on Tatooine. She grew up on a moisture farm with her Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Her life changed forever when her uncle purchased two droids that carried plans to the Imperial Death Star. When the droids ran away, she chased after them and got attacked by sand people (I don’t like sand. It’s coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere) but was saved by Ben Kenobi, who later revealed himself to be the legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ben also revealed that he fought alongside Vivian’s father in the Clone Wars. Ben gave Vivian her father’s old lightsaber, and after grieving over the death of Vivian’s aunt and uncle, the two went to find a way to deliver the plans to the Rebel Alliance on the planet of Alderaan. Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon, and Chewbacca agreed to take them to Alderaan. Along the way, Ben began training Vivian to become a Jedi, and taught her the ways of the Force. By the time the group arrived at Alderaan, it had been blown up by the Death Star. The Millennium Falcon was forced to land in the Death Star, but the group was able to escape and rescue Princess Leia. Unfortunately, Ben was killed by the Empire’s very own Sith Lord, Darth Vader. Vivian was able to give the plans to the Rebel Alliance and blow up the Death Star. Over the next three years, Vivian was hunted by Darth Vader. Vivian traveled to the Dagobah System to find Jedi Master Yoda and complete her Jedi training. Once the Sith Lord was able to find and battle Vivian, he revealed to her that he was her father after he cut her hand off. A year later, Vivian was forced to battle her father, who tried to turn her to the Dark Side of the Force. Vivian ended up refusing to fight her father, and the Emperor attacked her for refusing. Her father, however, was able to turn back to the Light Side of the Force and kill the Emperor. Peace was brought to the galaxy. Vivian has spent the last few years as a hermit, and people have been searching for pieces of a map to find her. However, you can reach her at [email protected].