The Force Awakens in us all (NO SPOILERS)

The official Clarion review

Peter Mayhew and Harrison Ford in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Photo courtesy MCT Campus.

TNS

Peter Mayhew and Harrison Ford in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Photo courtesy MCT Campus.

Vivian Marina Piña, Staff Reporter

It’s been a restless three years since the first whispers of a new movie, but now – with great celebration – Star WarsThe Force Awakens finally comes to theaters.

For many, the Star Wars saga is about more than movies. It is about lifestyles, traditions, and hope. For fans, Star Wars brings joyful memories. The movies remind them of happy times, and its stories guide its fans to a better future.

The entire adventure of Star Wars is a prime example of a modern-day epic. The stories are classic, and they teach us all the differences from the light and the dark.

On Thursday, December 17, countless fans waited outside of movie theaters for hours to see the long-anticipated movie. There were long lines and sore legs, but a love for the series brought us all together.

Everyone was decorated in Star Wars costumes, t-shirts, or wore a smile big enough to show their dedication. It was a truly magical event, for we all knew we were there to experience something we loved.

The fans have all had their fair share of Star Wars opening nights, whether it be from the original series or the prequels.

Episode VII was in no way an Episode I. The prequels may have taken some excitement away from us, but it still doesn’t take away our love for the series. The Force Awakens left the crowd inspired and allowed the audience to feel as though they were a part of the journey from start until finish.

The Force Awakens left the crowd inspired and allowed the audience to feel as though they were a part of the journey from start until finish.

— Vivian Pina

Tears filled the eyes of the audience as the opening crawl rose into the stars. The movie brought back the original Star Wars comedy, but didn’t disappoint with suspenseful action scenes, a nostalgic soundtrack, realistic scenery, and emotional life lessons.

The film bought back a connection between Star Wars fans, made new ones, and awakened the Force in all of us.

Make sure to see Star WarsThe Force Awakens, and may the Force be with you!