SEE Team hopes to be seen in the future

Vivian Marina Piña, Staff Reporter

SEE Team, RBHS’s School for Environmental Education, will not be running for the 2016-2017 school year due to low enrollment of students. The program did not run in 2015-2016 for the same reason.

“I’m unsure as to why SEE Team failed to run this year,” former SEE Team Algebra sponsor Patty Young said. “I talked to a lot of parents and students at We Are RB, and they seemed really excited and passionate about the program.”

SEE Team had been running since 2005, and the news of SEE Team failing to run was upsetting for the former sponsors.

“There’s a part of me that feels a little bit sad and disappointed that it’s no longer running,” former Biology sponsor Jame Holt said. “I’ve been a part of it from the very beginning, so there’s a little bit of frustration because there’s just been so much work and energy that’s gone into it.”

Sponsors also feel concerned for the students who were passionate in becoming a part of SEE Team.

“I feel sad for the kids that really wanted to experience the close group of students that is SEE Team. As an incoming freshman, it’s nice to really get to know a lot of students that are interested in similar topics. I do feel it’s unfortunate because it’s such a strong program,” said Young.

Both sponsors are uncertain about the future of SEE Team, but they hope to offer it to more students.

“I’m not sure what the direction of SEE Team will be yet. We haven’t heard from the administration if it’s something that we will pursue every year, or if it’s a program that’s run its course,” Young said.