Under the ‘Sea’nior Night

RBHS 2016-2017 poms team seniors.

RBHS 2016-2017 poms team seniors.

Photo courtesy of Lilly Dziagwa

Photo courtesy of Lilly Dziagwa

RBHS 2016-2017 poms team seniors.

Kellie Halvey, Staff Reporter

On September 2, the Riverside Brookfield High School poms team had their senior night. Senior night is a tradition to celebrate the seniors and showcase their abilities and personalities.

The team had gifts and decorations for the seniors on the track where they perform during games, and at team member McKenna Doyle’s house where they had fun.

“We decorated with balloons, and put streamers up,” said Madelyn Doyle, coach of the poms team.

This year, the senior night was much earlier than previous years. The event was originally set to be during the first game of the season, then moved to the second game.

The poms team will be having another night celebrating their seniors during their winter season. This will allow the team will be able to get to know the seniors better and be able to better showcase their personalities.

“It was a little weird planning it, and I feel like it didn’t count because we still have another one for the winter season,” said Destiny Herrera, a sophomore on the poms team.

The theme of this year’s senior night was “Seanior Night” and included under the sea-themed gifts and decorations.

“We wore leis and got cute tropical stuff for them,” said Herrera.

This year is Doyle’s first year as coach of the poms team. She has experience with other dance teams at schools and studios. She was on poms in high school and is drawing from that experience for this year.

Kellie Halvey, Staff Reporter

Kellie Halvey is a very busy person, she has lots to do in her life inside and outside of school. Although she is very busy she still enjoys the simple things in life, like food. One of her favorite foods is potatoes. She loves how versatile they are the many different ways they can be made, such as mashed, baked, roasted, and cheesy potatoes. Along with french fries, hash browns, potato chips, potato pancakes, and au gratin potatoes. Another one of Kellie’s favorite foods is ice cream, however even more than ice cream, but in the same category, Kellie loves sherbets and sorbets. She enjoys how refreshing and cold they can be and the way the bright colors make them look so delicious. Yet another one of Kellie’s favorite foods is pancakes. She enjoys making them in the mornings and adding chocolate chips and m&m’s in them. Sometimes she will make them in fun shapes like mickey mouse pancakes or hearts. Also, Kellie loves her dog and will often make her dog a pancake with bacon treats mixed in instead of chocolate. One of Kellie’s final favorite foods is pineapple. Kellie loves how pineapple can taste so fresh and juicy when they are ready to be eaten, mixed in with other fruits, grilled with some brown sugar, or freshly eaten, Kellie is a big fan of pineapple. If you have any other ways to make potatoes or pineapple, any flavors of ice cream, sherbet, or sorbet Kellie should try, or any shapes for Kellie to make her pancakes in, feel free to contact her at [email protected]