Cubs fever sweeps RB

Coach Curby is ready to root for the Cubs to win the 2016 World Series.

Kyle Platt

Kyle Platt

Kenton Baer, Staff Reporter

The Chicago Cubs are going to the World Series for the first time in 71 years. The Cubs just beat the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NLCS, meaning they advance to the World Series.

As Addison Russell, Javier Baez, and Anthony Rizzo turned the final double play, Chicago leapt into a triumphant mood. The streets around the stadium were over populated, and there were crowds stampeding through all of Wrigleyville.  

Copious amounts of people were doing things such as breaking down fences to Wrigleyville, climbing lampposts, and street lights.

“I have been a Cubs fan for ten years,” said Mariano Ortiz, an RBHS student. “I have been highly sleep deprived throughout this postseason.”

Also this week, Cubs catcher and left fielder Kyle Schwarber has been cleared to play in the World Series. The Cubs will most likely use him as a designated hitter.

Kenton Baer, Staff Reporter
Kenton is a freshman at RBHS and is a proud young Bulldog who carries Nutella by day, and loves to play lacrosse by night. He also has a deep hatred for Dylan Drews, which is fine. He plays tennis and was voted best lacrosse player in the world. Baer drops his love for tennis to play...
Kyle Platt, Staff Reporter
Kyle Platt is not your average freshman. He’s an avid collector of mongoose posters. On Saturdays, he goes downtown to stand in the middle of the street and look at cars’ tires, and on Sundays, he mysteriously wakes up in the janitor’s closet at Northwestern University next to a Shrek carved out of wood. He’s also...