Parking lot problems

Student driving to school.

Student driving to school.

Kellie Halvey

Kellie Halvey

Student driving to school.

Cathy Yuen, Staff Reporter

Many students are having negative experiences with the restricted regulations of the parking lot at Rockfeller. Ever since Riverside Brookfield lost control of it during the past few months, many students face challenges that cause them to change their routines.

Johanna Bilek, a senior at Riverside Brookfield, gets a ride from a friend who parks in the Riverside Brookfield parking lot.

“It is always crowded and there are a lot of people walking around which makes it difficult to enter and exit the property,” said Bliek.

Julia Keller, a senior at Riverside Brookfield, has been having stepbacks to her routine to arrive on time.

“I do sometimes have to arrive earlier than usual but I generally arrive when there isn’t any traffic since I have morning practice for swim,” said Keller.

Not only does it affect students’ time getting here, but also effects leaving due to students attending other priorities outside of school.

“I also have to leave earlier since it can get hard leaving the parking lot but also when I get on the road, it can take until 3:30 for the traffic to stop,” said Bilek.

But sometimes it doesn’t affect students, especially those who leave the school later in the evenings.

“I usually have swimming practice or a meet so I don’t get out until 5:00 so traffic after school isn’t a big problem for me,” said Keller.

Cathy Yuen, Staff Reporter

Cathy Yuen is an addict of the television show “Arthur.” She spends her free time doing nothing, though she is a very active and outgoing person. This is her first year joining Clarion and she is excited to begin. If you have any questions, contact her at [email protected]

Kellie Halvey, Staff Reporter

Kellie Halvey is a very busy person, she has lots to do in her life inside and outside of school. Although she is very busy she still enjoys the simple things in life, like food. One of her favorite foods is potatoes. She loves how versatile they are the many different ways they can be made, such as mashed, baked, roasted, and cheesy potatoes. Along with french fries, hash browns, potato chips, potato pancakes, and au gratin potatoes. Another one of Kellie’s favorite foods is ice cream, however even more than ice cream, but in the same category, Kellie loves sherbets and sorbets. She enjoys how refreshing and cold they can be and the way the bright colors make them look so delicious. Yet another one of Kellie’s favorite foods is pancakes. She enjoys making them in the mornings and adding chocolate chips and m&m’s in them. Sometimes she will make them in fun shapes like mickey mouse pancakes or hearts. Also, Kellie loves her dog and will often make her dog a pancake with bacon treats mixed in instead of chocolate. One of Kellie’s final favorite foods is pineapple. Kellie loves how pineapple can taste so fresh and juicy when they are ready to be eaten, mixed in with other fruits, grilled with some brown sugar, or freshly eaten, Kellie is a big fan of pineapple. If you have any other ways to make potatoes or pineapple, any flavors of ice cream, sherbet, or sorbet Kellie should try, or any shapes for Kellie to make her pancakes in, feel free to contact her at [email protected]