Main Gym unveiled, students and staff react

The newly constructed Main Gym here at RB.

Jessica Whigam

Jessica Whigam

Sydney Sandrick, Staff Reporter

This year at Riverside Brookfield High School the Main Gym floors were replaced. Construction began over the summer and has just recently opened to the school once again.

Since there has been some conflicts about whether people liked or disliked the new gym renovations, Clarion went out and asked people for their opinion.

“I like the old logo in the middle of the court better because it was the bulldog and showed our mascot and now it’s just kind of plain and boring,” said sophomore Ryan Cermak.

In the new renovations in the gym, the lines are hard to see because they are tan color and it blends in with wood floor.

“I like the new gym; it’s always great to see a new gym floor. What I didn’t like was how bright it is in the gym and how it’s hard to see some of the lines on the floor,” said sophomore Erin Redovan.

However, there are some positives to the new gym.

“I like the new gym floor because it’s different and the new scoreboard is nice. I’m excited to start playing on the new floor,” said sophomore Hahvon Jacobs.

Sophomore Kayla Fitzgerald says that before the bleacher stairs felt dangerous to go up and down on. They used to shake and felt unstable. Now Fitzgerald says she loves the new gym and is looking forward to the games in there.

“I like the new bleachers because they seem more stable and safe for our big crowds during the sports season,” said Fitzgerald.

Not only did the construction affect after school sports, but it also affected gym classes.

“The delay in finishing the renovations of the gym caused my volleyball units to be shortened and a lot of my students were disappointed. The volleyball units were also affected a little by the difficulty in determining whether the balls were in our out of bounds due to the lines blending with the floor,” said PE 9 teacher Tim Ehlebracht.

Sydney Sandrick, Staff Reporter

Sydney Sandrick is a sophomore at RBHS, and she is starting Clarion this year. On weekdays, Sydney is an everyday student, but after 3pm she goes to work at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. Sydney was inspired to join Clarion by working in Scranton, Pennsylvania, at the office with Dwight Schrute, Michael Scott, and Jim Halpert. Most times, Sydney has fun in the office, but other times it can be stressful. Sydney and her co-workers get along very well. Her best friend is Michael Scott. Sydney listens to Michael Scott’s corny jokes everyday and is forced to listen to Dwight and Jim roasting and pulling pranks on each other. After a long stressful day at work Sydney likes to play soccer at RB and to hang out with friends and family. If you need to contact her, use this email: [email protected].

Jessica Whigam, Editor-in-Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygggcqKmUts

Questions? contact me at-

[email protected].