Melone commits to Union College

Angelica Melone with her coaches

Angelica Melone with her coaches

Angelica Melone with her coaches

Madison Heninger, Staff Reporter

Angelica Melone, a senior at RBHS, recently signed her commitment to Union College in Schenectady, New York. 

She accepted a full scholarship to Union for Women’s Hockey. 

Many different schools across the country offered scholarships and wanted Melone’s talent.

“It was a hard decision to pick a final school. A lot of schools were asking for Angelica; even Princeton and Brown. It was a very tough decision,” said Joseph Melone, Angelica’s father.

Despite looking for colleges that would benefit Angelica Melone athletically, Melone needed to pick a school that she was comfortable in and would guide her academically.

“Union is a perfect fit for Angelica,” Melone said.

Having such a skilled and hardworking athlete in their family is something Angelica’s relatives takes pride in.

“There is a lot of time that is invested in a sport. Angelica has been playing hockey for almost 12 years. We couldn’t be more proud of her,” Melone said.

Madison Heninger, Staff Reporter

Madi ‘shark boy’ Heninger may seem to be a normal sophomore at RBHS, but she is quite the contrary. She is actually a ghost who spends her time reading, painting, and writing for the Clarion. The thing Madi loves the most are her two pet great white sharks, Squishy and Michael. Madi was on Clarion staff last year and she decided to stick around because she wants to prove that even ghosts can be journalists. Her nightly routine involves covering herself in glitter and reading old Clarion articles or emailing memes to Mr. Helgeson. If you ever need to contact her, you can reach Madi at [email protected]