Because I’m a Girl

In today’s society, women are underestimated and sometimes even mistreated. Women and young girls are expected to act a certain way and do certain things simply for the reason that they are a different gender.

We asked a variety of girls questions about their opinion on dress codes, stereotypes, and standards. Following by their responses, we put together short clips of the expectations that should not be held against us any longer.

There are several definitions of the word “woman.” The correct definition is all based on what kind of person someone is.

1. An adult female person.
  2. A wife.
  3. A sweetheart or mistress.
  4. A female person who cleans house, cooks, etc.

“Being a girl is always defined as being the ‘opposite’ of a boy and living up to those expectations. But I hope in the near future, that will change. Women in the future will hopefully be raised to stand on an equal platform as men because they aren’t the only ones that should have the opportunity to change the world,” said freshman Kaitlyn Hilt.

Inventions by women from ice cream to computer software, women have changed the world and not everybody shows recognition towards it.

Our video is not intended to offend anyone who does or does not meet the standards and stereotypes mentioned.

About the Writers
Emilia Gonzalez, Story Editor
I know you see Somehow the world will change for me And be so wonderful Live life, breathe air I know somehow we’re gonna get there And feel so wonderful I will make you change your mind These things happen all the time And it’s all real I’m telling you just how I feel So...