Hey you! Put that drawing away!

Zackary Schejbal, Staff Reporter

In your class you may have heard the teacher say, “Put that drawing away” to a student so focused on making a picture. Well, that kid wants to tell you their story.

This kid’s a really big drawer. He will draw almost anything that comes to his mind.

If he wants to draw a cool wasteland landscape, he will. If he wants to draw a G1 transformer, he will.

This kid is very attached to his sketchbook. If you take his sketchbook away, his inner demons will unleash and try to take over his body.

The kid can keep his cool from getting physical and aggressive towards the person who took away his sketchbook, but his language changes completely. He is attached to drawing and is unable to let go of it.

If a teacher asks him to put the sketchbook away, he will. But then he tries to pull it back out to draw and keep his stress level down.

This kid’s sketching skill was at one time ignored and looked upon as a bad thing when he was a wee lad. He used to go to a school, which will be left confidential for obvious reasons.

He once drew a zombie with a chainsaw and was banned from drawing during the school day. So, he went to secretly drawing on the bus ride home from that school.

When he drew, he’d draw whatever he’d like to draw. Unfortunately one day a kid spilled the beans on his secret.

The kid was banned from drawing whatsoever. He lost all his cool that day and was very aggressive towards the teachers of that school on that day.

From that day to the beginning of sixth grade, he was unable to be himself without his art. He was only allowed to read and was ready to lose it all until LADSE shone a heavenly light on his art career and decided to take him in.

Despite all the efforts from all staff at that school trying to make him snap in anger, they failed at it. And soon, the kid was out of that school.

When he left that school in sixth grade, he was able to pursue his passion to drawing again. He drew all throughout his LADSE program and even when he transitioned to his middle school.

When he left LADSE in eighth grade, he had a year of a complete art flip. He went from basic shapes and basic simple first grade drawing to drawings that of a college kid.

Still to this day, he practices and is super passionate about his arts. He will and would give everything for art at any cost with one goal: create art.

So, next time you see a kid sketching an odd thing in class and the teacher says “put that drawing away”, remember that he is a kid with Autism, struggling through trying to be an average Joe but with art.

Zackary Schejbal, Staff Reporter

Life in a COD veteran

by Zackary Schejbal

Narrator: Zackary had been to the bleach store to be cleansed. Some raging 5 year old squeakers annoyed him, and the great COD veteran fell into blind rage. Now Zackary was as good as new, be he was still agitated about squeakers.

Zackary: I rather not play with them.

Narrator: He mumbled to himself. But the squeakers sang songs rude and loud. XxFaZe_No0BxX, their leader, led the chorus.

Squeakers and XxFaZe_No0BxX: Zackary’s no pro at all, thinks he’s very good at playing, says that he can defeat us, that’s the best lie ever, when he tells us what to do, with the greatest hopes, we just push him to rage, Pop Goes Old Zacky!

Narrator: Tristan, Bryn and David were shocked.

Tristan: Shut up, squeakers!

Narrator: They calmly said, but they couldn’t shut them up, and everywhere they tried, the squeakers began again.

Squeakers: Zackary’s no pro at all, thinks he’s very good at playing, says that he can defeat us, that’s the best lie ever!

Narrator: At last the veterans gave up.

Tristan: We’re sorry, Zackary.

Narrator: They said.

Zackary: It’s really my fault.

Narrator: Said Zackary sadly.

Zackary: I shouldn’t fallen into the rage fit.

Narrator: Asuka, Zackary’s girl, felt sorry for Zackary too. Next morning, she spoke to Nathan.

Asuka: I’m worried, Mr. Nathan. This disrespect for veterans. Where’s it going to end?

Nathan: Who knows?

Narrator: Sighed Nathan.

Asuka: I’ve got a plan, Mr. Nathan. May I stay here tonight and help Zackary? We’re both veterans, and must stand together.

Nathan: Certainly, Asuka.

Narrator: Replied Nathan and left the server. Soon, Asuka was explaining her plan.

Bryn: Goodness gracious, Asuka. I don’t think you should suggest such a thing to Zackary.

Narrator: But Zackary interrupted.

Zackary: No, Bryn, Asuka’s right. It’s really my fault. I must put this right.

Asuka: I meant no disrespect you understand.

Zackary: Of course not, Asuka. Anywhere, Treyarch says the same and they’ve arranged with the server managers.

Bryn: Very well, Zackary.

Narrator: Conceded Bryn.

Bryn: But I must hurry. My clan is waiting to raid. Good luck.

Zackary: So long.

Narrator: Smiled Zackary bravely, but he felt dreadfully nervous inside. Zackary marshaled with the COD admins 2 by 2.

Asuka: That’s the way, Zackary.

Narrator: Whispered Asuka.

Asuka: And if you hadn’t leave XxFaZe_No0BxX till last, then you’ll have him behind you. You can bump him if he starts his nonsense.

XxFaZe_No0BxX: Hold back, hold back!

Narrator: Whispered XxFaZe_No0BxX.

XxFaZe_No0BxX: And pass the word to the others.

Narrator: The stupid squeakers giggled, but Zackary knew what to do. There was plenty of power in his hacked weapon and his gun was reloaded. He started the lesson.

XxFaZe_No0BxX: What the?!

Narrator: Yelled XxFaZe_No0BxX.

XxFaZe_No0BxX: HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

Bryn: Go on! Show that kid his place!

Narrator: Cheered Bryn.

Bryn: Well done, brother, well done!

XxFaZe_No0BxX: COME ON!!

Narrator: Screamed XxFaZe_No0BxX.

XxFaZe_No0BxX: I’m done! SCREW THIS CRAP!

(XxFaZe_No0BxX leaves the server)

Narrator: And he did. Then there was some trouble.

COD Controller: Well, Zackary, so you finally defeated that skrub, is that it?

Zackary: Yes, sir. I did what was needed to destroy his ego.

Narrator: Said Zackary proudly. The COD Controller investigated into XxFaZe_No0BxX.

COD Controller: As I thought. Annoying voice, under age toddler. Maybe if we ban you from COD, you’ll learn yourself some respect for veterans.

Narrator: Nowadays, Zackary only takes on squeakers when the other members were busy. But they always quick to warn each other.

Squeakers: Don’t screw with Mr. Zackary. If you mess with him, you’ll never be proud of yourself ever again!

Narrator: XxFaZe_No0BxX has never been heard from on Call of Duty ever again due to him raging so hard, he broke his headset and being banned from Call of Duty.

If you wish to contact me, you can contact to me at [email protected]

Vivian Marina Piña, Editor-in-Chief

Vivian Marina Piña started out as a farmboy on Tatooine. She grew up on a moisture farm with her Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Her life changed forever when her uncle purchased two droids that carried plans to the Imperial Death Star. When the droids ran away, she chased after them and got attacked by sand people (I don’t like sand. It’s coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere) but was saved by Ben Kenobi, who later revealed himself to be the legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ben also revealed that he fought alongside Vivian’s father in the Clone Wars. Ben gave Vivian her father’s old lightsaber, and after grieving over the death of Vivian’s aunt and uncle, the two went to find a way to deliver the plans to the Rebel Alliance on the planet of Alderaan. Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon, and Chewbacca agreed to take them to Alderaan. Along the way, Ben began training Vivian to become a Jedi, and taught her the ways of the Force. By the time the group arrived at Alderaan, it had been blown up by the Death Star. The Millennium Falcon was forced to land in the Death Star, but the group was able to escape and rescue Princess Leia. Unfortunately, Ben was killed by the Empire’s very own Sith Lord, Darth Vader. Vivian was able to give the plans to the Rebel Alliance and blow up the Death Star. Over the next three years, Vivian was hunted by Darth Vader. Vivian traveled to the Dagobah System to find Jedi Master Yoda and complete her Jedi training. Once the Sith Lord was able to find and battle Vivian, he revealed to her that he was her father after he cut her hand off. A year later, Vivian was forced to battle her father, who tried to turn her to the Dark Side of the Force. Vivian ended up refusing to fight her father, and the Emperor attacked her for refusing. Her father, however, was able to turn back to the Light Side of the Force and kill the Emperor. Peace was brought to the galaxy. Vivian has spent the last few years as a hermit, and people have been searching for pieces of a map to find her. However, you can reach her at [email protected].