Veterans tell their stories

Veteran’s Day is a day to remember and honor all those who have served our country. On Friday, November 10th, RBHS hosted its annual Veteran’s Day assembly. Afterwards, students were given the opportunity to talk to and connect with a veteran. Our reporters embedded themselves in classrooms around the school in an attempt to amplify the stories these veterans were kind enough to share with our students. Click on the images below to read their stories.

Ed Armbruster
Jolly Brown

Frank Carrasco

Emily Gately, Staff Reporter

Frank Carrasco is a young charismatic 27 year old, most likely the youngest who attended this past Veteran’s Day, who dedicated 2 years of his life to the Air Force. “I’m from Indiana and now live in Cicero. I was in the air force for 2 years and got an honorable discharge. This is actually my first time coming back since 2014,” said Carrasco. Being able to join the military had been on...

Ken Curelo
Terrance Farmer
Richard Fields
Charles “Bud” Fuller
Larry Grabowski
C.P. Hall
Leigh Holzwart
Henry Kannry
Richard Korzyniewski
Jason Lemaku
Maureen Magnifico
Dennis Martinek
Marvin Payne
John Perry
David Ramirez and Sean Kelley

David Richardson

Tyler Kelstrom, Staff Reporter

David Richardson served in the army and the national guard. He met a 4-star General and received a special coin from him. “I set up the communication for the national guard by giving the general my opinion on it,” Richardson said. “The enemies had connection to our communication. We decided to use walkie-talkies and the enemies never picked up a word.” During the army, Richardson had ...

Greg Saganich
Michael Sammon
Charles St. Clair
Brian Sanchez
Bruce K. Troyer
William Sprague- True American Hero
Dick Vabro
Stan Van Nice
Thomas Vargas
Kevin Turk
Doug Whiting

Clarion • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in