RB Class of 2025 elects officers

Photo by Olivia O’Donnell.

Claudia Tello, Staff Reporter

On Wednesday, September 8, the Class of 2025 had the opportunity to vote for their class officers. Lily Zhang was elected as President, Lucy Drenth was elected Vice President, Tali Herrera as Secretary, Isa Hernandez as Treasurer, and Hailey Vlcek and Lucy Storandt as Appointed Officers.

The Class Officers ran for various reasons. President Lily Zhang says she thought it would be a great way to be involved in the school.

“I thought I would be a good representation for the student body as a whole,” Zhang said, “Also I have some basic leadership skills, so I thought it would be a good way to be involved in RB”.

Vice President Lucy Drenth says she didn’t plan on running, but she decided to because her friend wanted her to.

“I wasn’t planning on it at first, but my friend actually was running for President, and she told me I should run for it. So I did, and I’m happy I did because I want to make new friends and be a part of the school,” Dreth said

Both Zhang and Drenth are excited to be involved in the Student Association and make new friends. They plan to incorporate ideas from fellow students to make the school a better place. Zhang thinks it’s important to focus on mental health, especially after COVID-19.

“[Zhang’s plans include] just making sure that everyone feels involved and heard. Maybe focusing on mental health, especially after Covid. It’s tough getting back into the swing of things”, Zhang said

Drenth and Zhang both have some advice for anyone running for a class officer position. The most important and hardest thing to them is marketing and campaigning. You have to learn what everyone wants, make them feel heard. Making friends is also important.

“Campaigning is probably the hardest but know why you’re running and what you’re running for. The best thing to do is to meet new people and make friends,” Drenth said

“Marketing is a big thing, see what everyone wants and use that,” Zhang said, “make everyone feel like they will be heard if you are elected.”

There are many things that class officers get to do. Zhang is excited to listen to the students to make the school a better place. 

“I think it would be really cool to listen to everyone and incorporate their opinions and then make it a happy place for everyone,” Zhang said

The Student Association also plans many events throughout the school year. 

“I’m looking forward to the fun events we get to plan. Like we got to do Homecoming,” Drenth said.

The new class officers met for the first time as class officers on September 15th according to Zhang.

“I’m really looking forward to being class president and it’s going to be exciting,” Zhang said.