Bulls cut it close once again, Rose prevails as Bulls take 2-0 lead

MCT Campus

Derrick Rose slashes to the hoop en route to 36 points and a 96-90 victory.

Jason Flam, Web Editor

For the second straight game, it seemed as though the East’s top seeded team needed another reminder that they were the team coming in as the favorites with a 62-20 regular season record, not the eight-seeded Indiana Pacers. However, the Bulls were once again able to pull out the home victory beating the Pacers 96-90, and pull ahead in the best-of-seven series, two games to none.

MVP favorite Derrick Rose had another monster night for Chicago as he scorched the Pacers for 36 points, eight rebounds, and six assists just two days after dropping a career playoff high 39 points. Rose has been critical to the Bulls success all season long, and they have won as a result. But if they want to make a serious run at a title this year, someone else on the Bulls’ roster needs to step up and make big plays.

Kyle Korver came through in the clutch again after Joakim Noah found him wide open for a baseline three-pointer with just over a minute left to make it 90-85, but throughout the rest of the game and down the stretch in the fourth quarter, Rose seemed to struggle once the Pacers started double teaming and trapping him. It appeared as if some of the other key players on the team such as Carlos Boozer were running away from the ball when Rose needed help. Rose will absolutely continue to be a serious headache for other teams throughout the postseason, but if they Bulls can’t find somebody else to take over when Rose is incapable, they are in trouble.

Still, the Bulls defense was solid as it has been all season long (the NBA’s best), and they were able to hold Indiana’s primary scorer Danny Granger to 19 points. The defensive tenacity will be the difference for the Bulls down the stretch.  They will go on the road to take on Indiana in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on Thursday at 6:00 p.m.

1 Comment

One Response to “Bulls cut it close once again, Rose prevails as Bulls take 2-0 lead”

1. John Schraidt on April 25th, 2011 10:35 pm

bucks would have finished them in 4

[Reply]

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)