APRIL FOOLS: Virtual teachers are really great

Katie Maxwell

Who needs the real teacher when they can be simulated by a clever hologram replacement?

Katie Maxwell, Media Editor

In order to cut costs and balance the budget, the school board has decided to fire all of the teachers and replace them with holograms.

Many of the teachers are up in arms because they feel that they have put so much time and effort into the school, and now they are being replaced by computer generated images.

Mrs. Bontrager, who has been a teacher here for six years said, “I can’t believe the school would just decide to fire all of us because it’s cheaper to have fake humans teaching class than it is to employ very qualified and very dedicated teachers.”

“I worry about the quality of the education that RB will provide once all of the teachers have been let go. Who is going to be there to support the struggling students and encourage academic success,” said Mrs. Reaves, who teaches German and ESL courses. She continued by saying, “Who is going to discipline the students when they fall asleep, text, or get out of hand in class? How can a computer image respond effectively when there is an emergency?”

Others, such as Jo Jacobson, are very excited for the new arrangement.

Jo Jacobson said, “I’m really looking forward to this. I can’t wait to see how a hologram will run a classroom. It’s like a Si-Fi movie come to life!”

Candice Shelbrack also added to the conversation. She said, “I’m glad the school board has found a reasonable solution to the budget crisis. Now we can all get back to doing what is important: LEARNING!”

Katie Maxwell, Editor-in-Chief

Katie Maxwell is baaaack! Once again, her enthusiasm is helping the paper to continually improve itself. But wait,there’s more! Katie is the new Cyborg Super Editor-in-Chief! Her untapped power over her minions has inspired her to concoct an EEEVIL plan to take over RBHS and eventually rule the world. But for now, she will be content with perfecting her diabolical plan, and of course, helping the Clarion Staff create a newspaper they can all feel accomplished about.

In her spare time, Katie can often be found hanging out with Mary Carole McGovern, her Best Buddy, reciting German poetry from memory through the hallways, promoting environmental literacy, or working at fundraisers and events related to NHS.

She can be contacted at [email protected]