Will SEE TEAM be seen in the future?

Vivian Marina Piña, Staff Reporter

SEE Team, Riverside Brookfield’s School of Environmental Education, did not run this year due to low enrollment of students. SEE Team had been running on and off for the previous eight years.

“SEE Team was a whole different kind of learning experience,” former SEE Team student Vasara Kulbis said. “We always had to use teamwork when trying to work out a problem, and it made us more aware of environmental problems and consequences happening in our world right now.”

SEE Team teachers of the past hope to have it up and running once again.

“It depends upon what the administration decides, so if they decide that it’s something that we can pursue, we will,” said Patty Young, the former SEE Team algebra sponsor.

If SEE Team were to run in the future, it would also be missing an important member, the English sponsor Daniel Mancoff.

“Things will be very sad for us as teachers because we worked so closely with him,” Young said. “We would also be training a new teacher, so it would be different.”

Mancoff has taken a job near Seattle, knowing SEE Team wouldn’t be running was a contributing  factor to his move.

Not enough students had signed up to be a part of SEE Team this year, which is why the board decided to put it on hold.

“We will have to get student interest to be able to get SEE Team back up and running,” said Jame Holt, the biology sponsor. “If past SEE Team members enjoyed the experiences and what the team was about, the more they can let other people know about the strengths of the program, it would be great for its future.”

Vivian Marina Piña, Editor-in-Chief

Vivian Marina Piña started out as a farmboy on Tatooine. She grew up on a moisture farm with her Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Her life changed forever when her uncle purchased two droids that carried plans to the Imperial Death Star. When the droids ran away, she chased after them and got attacked by sand people (I don’t like sand. It’s coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere) but was saved by Ben Kenobi, who later revealed himself to be the legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ben also revealed that he fought alongside Vivian’s father in the Clone Wars. Ben gave Vivian her father’s old lightsaber, and after grieving over the death of Vivian’s aunt and uncle, the two went to find a way to deliver the plans to the Rebel Alliance on the planet of Alderaan. Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon, and Chewbacca agreed to take them to Alderaan. Along the way, Ben began training Vivian to become a Jedi, and taught her the ways of the Force. By the time the group arrived at Alderaan, it had been blown up by the Death Star. The Millennium Falcon was forced to land in the Death Star, but the group was able to escape and rescue Princess Leia. Unfortunately, Ben was killed by the Empire’s very own Sith Lord, Darth Vader. Vivian was able to give the plans to the Rebel Alliance and blow up the Death Star. Over the next three years, Vivian was hunted by Darth Vader. Vivian traveled to the Dagobah System to find Jedi Master Yoda and complete her Jedi training. Once the Sith Lord was able to find and battle Vivian, he revealed to her that he was her father after he cut her hand off. A year later, Vivian was forced to battle her father, who tried to turn her to the Dark Side of the Force. Vivian ended up refusing to fight her father, and the Emperor attacked her for refusing. Her father, however, was able to turn back to the Light Side of the Force and kill the Emperor. Peace was brought to the galaxy. Vivian has spent the last few years as a hermit, and people have been searching for pieces of a map to find her. However, you can reach her at [email protected].