Dress Code: How Much is Too Much?

Do you think this shirt is distracting because it's showing my stomach?

Joanna Vera, Staff Reporter

The dress code is always an issue at RB especially during the summer, girls like to wear crop tops, spaghetti straps and clothing that prevents them from sweating immensely when they’re trying to learn.

Let these girls express themselves with the clothes that they wear, or feel confident in how they are seen, not caring about what others think or worry about being called out in class for seeing too much skin.

Recently students have been dress coded for wearing crop tops that barely show their stomachs, also for wearing straps under 2 inches in width. It does state in the student handbook under dress code that, “a minimum of two inch straps are required on all sleeveless clothing items.” What is wrong with having spaghetti straps? There is no impact on anyone for wearing straps less than two inches.

When girls are told that they can not wear certain clothing items, they may take it the wrong way. It can lead to thinking that their body is disgusting, that their body image is seen very different from what they think it looks like, thinking that they look disgusting when that is not the issue at all.

Some girls are so brave that they will wear crop tops and short shorts when other people are talking about how bigger girls should not be wearing clothes like that. But they do it anyway, they push those comments aside and dress the way people tell them not to, only to get shut down again by their school.

It does not matter how short their shorts are or how you can see their stomachs. If they feel confident enough to wear clothes like that, they should be proud to do so. Nothing about bra straps, stomachs, or thighs are distracting to anyone else unless you point it out in front of the whole class.

Joanna Vera, staff reporter

Joanna Vera is just your average teenager, right? WRONG! She’s in a class by day, but at night when no one knows where she is shes doing extremely dangerous spy work with the coolest spy center in the world!! Creeping around every corner without you knowing it, she could be creeping around you right now… but don’t turn around if she knows she’s been discovered she’ll knock you out and then erase your memory. She’s still got some practice to do with the whole mind erase thing though, she’s erased more than just the memory of you seeing her. Legend has it shes erased the memory of a man’s whole life! But don’t worry he’s doing alright, he’s now a billionaire sooooo… I’d say she did an ok job and definitely shouldn’t have been fired from hER JOB!!!…  Sorry got out of hand there, oh I got to go I’ve just been discovered gotta erase someone’s memory(ies).       @[email protected]

if you would like to reach this amazing girl: @[email protected]