Stormy weather does not rain out nice start for Boys’ Tennis

Junior Andrew Pilewski returns a strong hit at yesterdays meet.

Jimmy Nolter, Staff Reporter

The boys tennis team has started out the season strong with a 4-3 win over Bolingbrook.

The tennis team has been struggling along with many spring sports this season to get outdoor practices on real fields of play due to all of the rain and bad weather, but it hasn’t phased the team.

Freshman player Matthew Pilewski said, “The cold weather is providing us with a good challenge.”

The team has continued plugging away at indoor practices, which allow the team to focus on different skills due to the indoor setting.

“We’ve been doing pretty good as a team,” freshman Elvis Begic said.  “But it’s still early and we expect to continue to grow as a whole.”

Junior Joe tan recognizes that the team looks a little different this year.

“The number of people in tennis has dropped this year,” Tan said, though he still expects the team to perform well, even without some of their more experienced players.

The team competes in its first home meet Tuesday, April 22, against conference foe Elmwood Park.

Jimmy Nolter, Staff Reporter

Jimmy is currently a Senior at RB, and participates only in Clarion.  Jimmy played football Freshmen and Sophomore year, but decided to run cross country last year.  He used to wrestle for RB.  There aren’t too many activities or clubs here at RB that draw Jimmy’s attention.  Mostly he bides his time studying and doing homework for all of his AP classes.

Jimmy does other things than sports though, he plays sumptuous games such as Metro: Last Light, Deadpool, Halo: Reach, and other well known and not so well known games.  Aside from playing video games Jimmy also enjoys anime such as Angel Beats, Desert Punk, Tri-gun, and Gun Grave to pass the time.  Other than enjoying the virtual world Jimmy does embrace reality with his friends by pranking each other.

Jimmy Nolter can be reached at [email protected]