Staff Profile
Ricardo Trinidad
Ricardo Trinidad
Staff Reporter

Wilmot juggling Honors English 10, Rouser, and the library

English teacher Bridget Wilmot works with this years Rouser students.  After the departure of former sponsor Cherise Lopez to Hinsdale Central, Wilmot took on the sponsorship.
Jori Zobel
English teacher Bridget Wilmot works with this year’s Rouser students. After the departure of former sponsor Cherise Lopez to Hinsdale Central, Wilmot took on the sponsorship.

As if just being a teacher weren’t hard enough, English teacher Bridget Wilmot finds herself wearing a number of new hats this school year.  Besides being a 10th grade honors English teacher, Wilmot has also begun working as a part-time RB librarian and the new Rouser sponsor.

Former RB teacher Cherise Lopez had been the previous sponsor of Rouser, the school’s yearbook. Staffing cuts at RB caused the school board to RIF (reduce in force) Lopez.  By the time the school board offered her a spot back, she had already found a new position teaching and sponsoring the yearbook at Hinsdale Central.  Since Wilmot had previous publications experience sponsoring Facets, the school’s literary magazine which was also cut for budgetary reasons, she was selected as the new Rouser sponsor.

Another change came when part-time RB English teacher Allison Cabaj surprised the school by also leaving to take a position at Hinsdale Central.  This opened a spot at RB for a new part-time librarian, and Wilmot’s educational background fit the bill.

Wilmot said she has been more than happy in her new roles.  She is drawing off of her publications experience with Facets and her Master’s degree in Library Science.

Would Wilmot ever want to become a full-time librarian.  She said, “I would love to be!  I’ve always loved books.”

This year, Wilmot spends two periods teaching Honors English 10, two periods as a librarian, and one period teaching Rouser.

Wilmot joked, “The most difficult [part of the new job] would be organization. I have three different jobs. It’s tough to remember the rooms.”

As Rouser sponsor, Wilmot plans to try some new things this year.  She is trying a new design which involves one theme for the entire year book, has created a different type of editorial board, and is expanding the coverage so that every person in the school is in the year book at least three times this year.

“The [Rouser] students are awesome,” Wilmot said.  “They are smart and hardworking.”