Sing along to the holidays

Holiday Concert 2014-15

Jimmy Nolter

Robby Filec, Story Editor

This year, the annual school holiday concert was made optional rather than mandatory for all classes, but the turnout was still large.  Students do appreciate the copious amount of time and effort put into the event.  Even though attendance was optional this year, watching the concert was still fun and a great way to support our fellow classmates.

A concert like this is something that can easily be taken for granted, something that maybe has been taken for granted for the last few years.  Still, it is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit and to recognize the amazing talent of our band and choir members.  While it might be easy to lose appreciation for people taking time out of their busy schedules to serve and entertain us, we should recognize those who do.

This year’s quality of music was great, and the atmosphere of the assembly was enjoyable.  It was a perfect time to relax and to enjoy some downtime when school work is getting hectic, to say the least.

Just because it sometimes seems that events like the Holiday Concert will always be a constant, it is important to remember that some schools do not have them.  Thank you for the effort and time committed from the Fine Arts Department.  Congratulations to all the musicians, singers, directors, and crew who made the concert possible.

Sing along to the holidays, 1.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating