Boys’ tennis starts slow, but hopeful

Sophomore Frankie Filec getting ready for his serve in a doubles match

Cameron Shaw and Caitie Rusen

Despite the record of 2-6-1 and 1-2 in conference, the Boys’ Tennis team seems to have a bright future ahead of them. There are 10 underclassmen on this squad and they have a hopeful mindset for the future of the tennis program. This includes sophomore Brandon Winslow and freshman Erik Roedel.

“It’s definitely going to get a lot better judging by the quality of the freshmen and sophomores that are currently on the team,” Winslow said about the future of the tennis program.

Roedel agrees.

“The future is bright for the boys tennis squad, I have a good feeling about the next couple years of my high school tennis career,” Roedel said.

Veteran and superstar player Andrew Pilewski is also hopeful for the future stars of this tennis program.

“It’s awesome that we have underclassmen because it provides depth to the team. This assures growth for the future of the tennis program. It’s a very promising sign,” Pilewski said.

The fact that the majority of the varsity squad are underclassmen gives a lot of pressure to the seniors to try to be good role models for them. Some of those underclassmen look up to the senior players, such as Pilewski.

“When I was a freshman I definitely looked up to the seniors of the squad and I hope these underclassmen are doing the same to me,” Pilewski said.

Tennis has a become a routine in the spring of Pilewski’s high school years so for this year being his last year of his career, this won’t be his last time stepping foot on the courts or picking up that racket.

“I hope to play intramurals at college next year or at least grab some friends and play for fun. I love the game so I’m definitely not going to stop playing after I graduate from here,” she said.

The Boys’ Tennis team hopes to improve their record when they face off with Elmwood Park this Thursday, April 23, away starting at 4 p.m. and with their early invite this Saturday at Willowbrook starting at 8 a.m.

Cameron Shaw, Staff Reporter

Cameron Shaw is the first celebrity to ever attend Riverside Brookfield High School. She was supposed to go to East High to be a wildcat like the rest of the High School Musical crew, but she decided otherwise. Being in a long distance relationship with her husband, Adam Levine can be quite difficult sometimes, but she manages to see him every weekend after her school work, and her Clarion stories are finished. Shaw is also very fond of the movie, Frozen, and tweeting about the queen herself, Beyoncé. Cameron and her friends also love watching vines about adding 9 + 10, every Wednesday night.

Cameron Shaw has joined the Clarion staff during the year 2014-2015, as a Staff Reporter. She is also involved in Chamber Choir, Varsity Girls Golf and Varisty Girls Softball. If you need to contact Cameron Shaw for any reason, please email her at [email protected]

Caitie Rusen, Staff Reporter

Caitie Rusen is a big bad Senior at RB and stands at a strong height of five foot, one inch. She loves taking long walks through nature. Rusen is a naturally sarcastic type of gal and loves to ‘lol’ with her friends.

Rusen is in her first year of being a Clarion staff reporter. Sports is her life so Rusen participates in the RB girls varsity basketball and softball teams. She is very involved in Young Life and she is a member of NHS. So basically Caitie Rusen is livin’ the dream. If you need to contact her, you can do so at [email protected]