Boys wrestling pinning down the wins

Wrestling practices their techniques.

Isabel Hughes

Wrestling practices their techniques.

Lauren Lambros, Staff Reporter

As the 2015-2016 RB wrestling season progresses onward, the team’s achievements increase. Through all of the long hours of practice, all of their hard work has paid off. The team’s current record is 12-2, and with the Metro Suburban Conference tournament coming up the team is very well prepared.

“Our team has been working very hard, doing hard conditioning, lifting weights, and fast-paced drilling along with perfecting techniques,” said junior varsity wrestler Will Briolat.

Both the boys and girls have been practicing seven days a week, creating a special bond between the wrestlers and the coaches throughout the season. However the team doesn’t just work out during the season, they prepare twelve months out of the year for the season.

Though the goals are different for each individual, everyone is treated the same. The goals for the boys are to win dual team conference, win the conference tournament and qualify for state. For the girls, their goals are to become more familiar with wrestling and when the season is over head varsity coach Mike Boyd plans to take them to an all-girls folk style and freestyle tournament.

“From the top to the bottom every single person is treated the same, trains the same, the expectations are the same,” said Boyd.

Throughout the season the team has overcome any challenges thrown at them. The team has faced some tough teams, such as Lincoln Way East, but that only pushed them to work harder and become a better team.

“We just worked even harder than ever and pushed ourselves to go past these obstacles and never look back,” said Briolat.

Along with practicing very hard the team is also strong in the mental game. Throughout the whole season the team’s attitude has been very positive and relentless. The team is confident, but assertive.

One of the many things that really separates wrestling from any other any other sport at RB is the family dynamics that team has. Not only does the team push themselves but the push and support one another.

“I loved how this team wasn’t just a team, but it was a family that helped you be your best,” said Briolat.

Lauren Lambros, Story Editor

Lauren Lambros is not only a Freshman at RB, but the President of the United States. As soon as the last bell rings, it’s off to the White House for Lambros; the country cannot run itself. When Congress has a predicament at one o’clock, it has to wait because that is when Lambros is in English. Making her day swamped with Bills, and Amendements. To relax, she listens to a variety of heavy-metal bands such as AC DC, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin.

“AC DC’s Thunderstruck just takes all of the stress off of my shoulders. It could just put me to sleep,” said Lambros. “Being stress-free is the only way a country can be run, so successfully I might add.”

As well as being on Clarion, Lambros participates in Student Association, Basketball, and Softball. In her free time she spends time with her family and friends. If you need to contact her for any reason please use this email: [email protected]

Isabel Hughes, Editor-in-Chief
Isabel Hughes is a very hard to find person. She is usually out on assignment doing something like scaling the walls of the North Korean and Cuban embassies to get top secret information for her articles. In her free time, Isabel goes on exotic trips to the Middle East and performs surgery on injured people...