“Hoop, there it is!” Seasons bouncing RB’s way

Girls basketball playing hard against ICCP.

Lauren Lambros

Lauren Lambros

Isabel Hughes, Staff Reporter

Riverside Brookfield High School boys and girls basketball seasons are in full swing. With girls Varsity leading the MSC Conference and boys Varsity with a record of 13-2, including the invites and tournaments they have played in, the teams are in for long seasons leading into late February and early March.

Not only has Varsity done well, but Junior Varsity girls basketball has accomplished a lot this season with a record of 13-5 as of January 18, 2016.

“Throughout the season, we have continually improved our shooting. We also have learned many new plays to adapt to our level of competition,” said JV girls basketball player, freshman Mary Maloney. “As a team, our goal is to play at a higher level in every aspect.”

Both boys and girls basketball practice six times a week adding up to roughly 12 hours in total a week with games occurring weekly.

“The best way to achieve any goal is to practice and always put your best effort forward,” said Maloney. “Focus and determination are key. Knowing what needs to be improved upon and being able to adjust it will help us as a team to insure a win.”

Throughout the season, each team and each level faced many challenges, such as injured players and missing players. However, each team has stuck together to make the season great.

Isabel Hughes, Editor-in-Chief
Isabel Hughes is a very hard to find person. She is usually out on assignment doing something like scaling the walls of the North Korean and Cuban embassies to get top secret information for her articles. In her free time, Isabel goes on exotic trips to the Middle East and performs surgery on injured people...
Lauren Lambros, Story Editor

Lauren Lambros is not only a Freshman at RB, but the President of the United States. As soon as the last bell rings, it’s off to the White House for Lambros; the country cannot run itself. When Congress has a predicament at one o’clock, it has to wait because that is when Lambros is in English. Making her day swamped with Bills, and Amendements. To relax, she listens to a variety of heavy-metal bands such as AC DC, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin.

“AC DC’s Thunderstruck just takes all of the stress off of my shoulders. It could just put me to sleep,” said Lambros. “Being stress-free is the only way a country can be run, so successfully I might add.”

As well as being on Clarion, Lambros participates in Student Association, Basketball, and Softball. In her free time she spends time with her family and friends. If you need to contact her for any reason please use this email: [email protected]