“Hoop, there it is!” Seasons bouncing RB’s way

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls basketball playing hard against ICCP.

Lauren Lambros

Lauren Lambros

Lauren Lambros

Isabel Hughes, Staff Reporter

Riverside Brookfield High School boys and girls basketball seasons are in full swing. With girls Varsity leading the MSC Conference and boys Varsity with a record of 13-2, including the invites and tournaments they have played in, the teams are in for long seasons leading into late February and early March.

Not only has Varsity done well, but Junior Varsity girls basketball has accomplished a lot this season with a record of 13-5 as of January 18, 2016.

“Throughout the season, we have continually improved our shooting. We also have learned many new plays to adapt to our level of competition,” said JV girls basketball player, freshman Mary Maloney. “As a team, our goal is to play at a higher level in every aspect.”

Both boys and girls basketball practice six times a week adding up to roughly 12 hours in total a week with games occurring weekly.

“The best way to achieve any goal is to practice and always put your best effort forward,” said Maloney. “Focus and determination are key. Knowing what needs to be improved upon and being able to adjust it will help us as a team to insure a win.”

Throughout the season, each team and each level faced many challenges, such as injured players and missing players. However, each team has stuck together to make the season great.

Isabel Hughes, Editor-in-Chief

Isabel Hughes is a very hard to find person. She is usually out on assignment doing something like scaling the walls of the North Korean and Cuban embassies...

Lauren Lambros, Story Editor

Lauren Lambros is not only a Freshman at RB, but the President of the United States. As soon as the last bell rings, it’s off to the White House for...