Challenge Accepted: Bean Boozled challenge

The creators of the iconic jelly bean have now created Bean Boozled, a fun challenge you can do with your friends.

Released just a few years ago, Bean Boozled has became one of the most popular food challenges to date. The players have a spinner that will land on a bean that has two flavors in one color. Some of those flavors include canned dog food, booger, rotten egg, fish guts and many more shockingly gross flavors, so you think. There are hundreds, if not thousands that have attempted this challenge, but how bad could it be?

Well as your school newspaper staff, we, the Clarion, decided to give it a shot. After all, how bad can jelly beans taste?

A few of the brave and adventurous Clarion staff members set out to tackle this famous but disgusting challenge. John Shay, Jacob Rogoz, Taylor Kosiak, and a last minute volunteer, Mr. Dughetti were the courageous candidates that volunteered to attempt the challenge. With plenty of water and mints on hand, along with a trash can, everyone said, “Here goes nothing.”

“I was honestly pretty nervous, I was going into it pretty blind, I had never really tried any of these. Luckily, I hadn’t gotten any of the worse looking or sounding flavors, but I was nervous. I mean, I had no idea if this was going to affect the rest of my day or what I eat because I got the taste stuck in my mouth,” said Shay.

”It’s terrifying, but it could also be really fun, mostly because you can watch everybody else be just as scared and then get something disgusting like canned dog food and get to watch their face change into like a twisted mess of feelings, it’s great,” said Kosiak.

“I thought the challenge was really good, though it was a fun experience to have during one of my classes. I really don’t recommend it, the flavors are very bad, you really don’t know what’s it going, it’s either going to turn out kind of good, or it’s going to be really, really bad,” said Rogoz.

Our special guest, Mr. Dughetti concluded with some thoughts and advice for those attempting the challenge.

“I thought it was pretty cool how you guys set it up, but I thought it was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever done in my entire life. It tasted like straight vomit, I wanted to throw up. I’d recommend it. Would I do it again? I would do it if the arrow did not point on vomit,” said Dughetti.

Since this interesting, comical challenge is over, we’ll see you next time on Clarion: Challenge Accepted!

Tyler Miller, Staff Reporter

Tyler Miller is entering his second year of Clarion. After writing a handful of articles last year, he is ready to write even more this year. His goal is to write as many articles as possible from Challenge Accepted to sports stories. If you ever need to contact him, please do at [email protected]

Joy Greco, Media Editor

After years of study leading to her perfect scores on the O.W.L exam and the N.E.W.T at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Joy Greco was granted Ph.Ds in transfiguration, charms, divination, and potions. As a truly exceptional wizard, Joy works alongside her brave and very hot husband, Ron Weasely who revolutionized the Ministry of Magic after defeating Voldemort alongside Harry Potter. After using the death spell on Hermione, who definitely stole her true love Ron from her, Joy could never be happier. Guess she just wasn’t nearly as smart or as stunning as Joy. She is also a close friend to Harry Potter and is the Godmother to Harry and Ginny Potter’s eldest son, James. Aside from being one of the most famous wizards alive and always being busy working in the Ministry of Magic, Joy’s passion for the RB Clarion allows her to fly on her broomstick to Riverside Brookfield High School every day at 9:55am to work for the school newspaper. In addition to all that, Joy is on the varsity volleyball team and is in the Madrigal Singers choir group. Joy is a third year Clarion member and is the program’s media/awards editor. She loves everything about Clarion and is beyond excited for what the upcoming year holds! If you need to contact her for any reason, please email her at [email protected]

Szymon Stoklosa, Staff Reporter

Wuz poppin

You can contact ya boi Szymon Stoklosa at [email protected]