Pep Band ready to rock

Tyler Kelstrom and Star Lewis

Senior Joe Connelly plays the saxophone during the basketball game

Pep Band is run by Rachelle Kelley, a sophomore math teacher, and performs at RBHS’s basketball games.  

There has been a Pep Band at RB for five years. The band started a month early this school year because the students participating in it enjoy playing so much. Students such as Trevor Bork and Joe Angeloni both said they enjoy it a lot. Bork, who has held a spot on the band playing guitar for three years, plays because he enjoys supporting RB and creating music with friends.

“I think the band is very skilled. The songs they play are really difficult,” said Kelley.

Kelley thinks the fans at the basketball games really enjoy the band playing. She also thinks they like the styles of music that they play.

“The Pep Band plays classic rock,” said Kelley.

Kelley thought of the Pep band five years ago because they had one at the old school she taught at.

“The students decide what they want to play and basically run the band themselves,” said Kelley.

“The Pep band consist of four seniors, one sophomore, and one junior,” said  Kelley.

Bork has a passion for what he does. He truly enjoys playing guitar.

“I would like for the team in the future to push and complete harder songs because I would like to challenge the team’s skill level and ability to take on new challenges,” said Bork.

He joined because he liked playing and performing in front of his friends, so for him this is something he enjoys. Bork said, too, that he hopes the band continues to progress musically.

“I would like for the band to play more modern music so we could attract more people into coming to see us perform,” said Bork.

The group’s next performance is Friday, January 5, at a Boys’ Basketball game.

Tyler Kelstrom, Staff Reporter

Tyler Kelstrom is a freshman. This is his first year in Clarion and he is very excited. He enjoys sports, singing, and collecting shoes.  If you want to contact him, you can reach him at [email protected]

Tim Buckley, Staff Reporter

Tim Buckley, a senior, is very excited for the year ahead. This is the first time in his 17 year life experience when he finally leaves his personal landfill that they call “Tim’s Room”. While he spends so much time in his room that it now has its own postal code, you may find Tim on the RB Football Field, baking the in constant heat. Or you can hear him complaining about why there isn’t any snow in September, and why it has to be 90 degrees during a game. Tim’s long term goal for the future is to become the first teacher at RB to teach AP Underwater Basket Weaving, as well as his pride and joy, AP Existential Crisis. Tim is a first year reporter for the Clarion and is excited for the year! If you must contact me in anyway, email me at [email protected]