Staff Profile
Keeley Scalise
Keeley Scalise
Project Editor

Pinela and Enright launch clothing brand Obsessive

Pinela+%28right%29+and+Enright+%28left%29+show+off+a+merchandise+design.+
Madison Polich
Pinela (right) and Enright (left) show off a merchandise design.

Riverside Brookfield High School sophomores Liam Enright and Andres Pinela have started a fashion brand called Obsessive, which is aimed to promote entrepreneurship and self motivation.

Obsessive is a street style brand that currently sells t-shirts and shorts and was launched a month ago. Obsessive clothing can be found at Obsessiv.shop and you can follow the brand’s instagram account, run by Enright and Pinela.

“We want Obsessive to be our brand and show people what it means to be dedicated to something and ‘obsessive’ over your goals,” Pinela said.

While the brand is still new, they’ve made significant progress and launched their brand September 30 with their first drop of clothes. They documented their 30 day plan leading up to the 30th through Instagram to promote the launch and keep potential customers up to date on the status of their brand.

“We’re probably a month or two in, but we’ve got a lot of progress already. It picked up pretty fast,” Pinela said.

Pinela and Enright met each other around three or four years ago through playing basketball with one another. After realizing the two had similar goals and were like-minded, their friendship grew once they decided to start the business.

“We were picturing out our lives, and me and him [Pinela] decided to take action and do something that’s pretty cool, so that’s how we started,” Enright said.

On the Instagram account Enright and Pinela went live with a giveaway to their followers. The initial plan for the live stream was to give away products to either one or two winners. However, due to the amount of viewers and the energy of the stream, Enright and Pinela decided to instead have five winners to give items to.

“The giveaway was mainly for our growth, but also for our community to have the chance to get some of our gear, some of our shirts, some of our shorts, and whatever they wanted,” Enright said.

All of the items for sale are personally designed by Pinela and Enright, with Pinela being more on the creative side of the business and Enright being more involved in the technology of the operation. In order to bring the designs to life, Pinela and Enright printed the design and reached out to a manufacturer overseas. They then worked with the manufacturer to mass produce the designs in bulk. Enright and Pinela hope to unite their interest in fashion and business into something that can introduce them to the world of entrepreneurship.

“[We want to] learn all the skills being taught to us now and use that in whatever our career is in the future, hopefully something in entrepreneurship,” Pinela said.

While Enright and Pinela are only sophomores, they have already achieved a lot within their business and motivating others. They encourage their followers and customers to believe in themselves and never give up on their dreams. The brand Obsessive is all about being obsessive over your passion and dreams. 

“All of our customers and fans, they really support us, and we’re thankful for that,” Pinela said.