Flashback: Relive Mike Habayeb’s half-court shot from Pack the Place

Courtesy of Len Benbenek

Special Olympics athlete Mike Habayeb (left) would claim his moment of fame at half-time with a jaw dropping half-court shot.

Cameron Kritikos

Staff

On January 16, at the second annual Special Olympics “Pack the Place” basketball game, athlete Mike Habayeb was asked to demonstrate a half-court shot.  If you were not there to see the results, take a look at this video package that was put together and edited by volunteer assistant coach Len Benbenek of the moment.

About the Photographer
Cameron Kritikos, Sports Editor

Cameron Kritikos is a senior, and returning member of the Clarion staff. He is looking forward to another great year as a member of this wonderful newspaper. His favorite food is steak, but his favorite restaurant is The Q in LaGrange. It’s just delicious! Cameron has two favorite movies that always put him in a great mood. They are The Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith and Glory Road starring Josh Lucas. He plays football for  the Bulldogs and runs track in the spring. Along with being a two-sport athlete, he is the Vice-President of Best Buddies for the second straight year. He is a fun loving type of guy who likes to crack jokes, but also knows how to buckle down and get to work.

Cameron can be reached at [email protected].

1 Comment

One Response to “Flashback: Relive Mike Habayeb’s half-court shot from Pack the Place”

1. Alice Palach-Spera on February 1st, 2013 12:37 pm

Swoosh!! Awesome shot Mike! You led the Special Olympics Team as top scorer and rebounder all season long. You are a great basketball player and we’re glad you are only a sophomore!

Thanks to our great coaches Jill Musil and Len Benbenek for a great season and thanks to “Coach B,” as the players call him, for getting Mike’s amazing shot on You Tube. Also thanks to Coach Musil and Coach B for getting the shot on the Athletics Special Olympics Page on RB’s website, to the faculty, and to the Clarion for all of RB to see.

The Spera Family

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)