Red, white, blue and $2,500 in green

Final football game raises dollars for veterans

Staff Sergeant Courts and Ahumada take the field with the RB football team and band.

Jimmy Nolter

The RB football team dedicated the last game of its regular season to America’s military veterans on October 17 in a Red, White and Blue event.  Organizations including National Honors Society, Student Association, the football team, the girls’ volleyball team, and a host of teachers participated in and held fundraisers to donate money to the Veterans’ Administration.

Teacher Sandy Czajka was the lead teacher in charge of the event and the surrounding fundraising opportunities.

The school raised over $2,500 by selling bracelets, raffling off helmets,having a jean’s day for teachers and by accepting donations from anyone interested in donating.

About the Photographer
Jimmy Nolter, Staff Reporter

Jimmy is currently a Senior at RB, and participates only in Clarion.  Jimmy played football Freshmen and Sophomore year, but decided to run cross country last year.  He used to wrestle for RB.  There aren’t too many activities or clubs here at RB that draw Jimmy’s attention.  Mostly he bides his time studying and doing homework for all of his AP classes.

Jimmy does other things than sports though, he plays sumptuous games such as Metro: Last Light, Deadpool, Halo: Reach, and other well known and not so well known games.  Aside from playing video games Jimmy also enjoys anime such as Angel Beats, Desert Punk, Tri-gun, and Gun Grave to pass the time.  Other than enjoying the virtual world Jimmy does embrace reality with his friends by pranking each other.

Jimmy Nolter can be reached at [email protected]