Unique annual assembly marks RB’s Veteran’s Day celebration

Alexia Kingzette, McKenna Powers

Nick Kirkines

Lauren Grimaldi, Staff Reporter

On Monday, November 12th, Riverside Brookfield High School held its annual Veteran’s Day assembly.

Over eighty veterans, representing all branches of the military, were in attendance and they took part in an all school assembly that included performances from the school band and choirs.  The assembly also featured a speech from assembly organizer and Social Studies teacher John Fields, the Star Spangled Banner, Pledge of Allegiance, and a presentation of the colors.

Following the assembly, each veteran went to an assigned classroom and spent 35 minutes talking to students in depth about their time in the service.

After the veteran in their classroom gave some background information regarding their service, students had the oppurtunity to ask them more individualized questions.

The assembly has become tradition at RBHS and is always well received by teachers, students, and of course the veterans themselves.

It’s viewed by many as a great way to honor and remember those who fought for our country’s freedom , and it gives students an in-depth perspective in the life of a veteran.