Staff Profile
Bridget Maher
Bridget Maher
Staff Reporter

PREVIEW: Till starts new era in Girls Basketball

The girls varsity basketball season has started quickly under the direction of new coach, Dallas Till.

“I am really excited to be the coach, and I feel a great deal of enjoyment to be practicing again,” said Till. This is Till’s first year taking over for girls basketball. He does have experience coaching basketball at Elmwood Park High School and playing throughout high school in Michigan.

The girls varsity basketball team is captained by seniors, Elena Duve, Kiley Rusen, and Meghan Orgler. They had their first game of the season against Addison Trail and were victorious, winning 52 to 37 on the road. Last season they were defeated 67 to 56 in their home opener to Addison.

“It’s great to beat a team that did a number on us last season. Opening the season on the road with a win is great,” said Till.

“I feel like we played very well last night. We played great defense and we did really well on offense. Everyone played very hard, and the win was well deserved,” said starting point guard Danielle Peco.

The top scorers in the game were Orgler with 17 points, Duve with 10, and Brittney Jnobaptiste with 9 . The top three rebounders included Orgler with 7, Duve with 7, and JnoBaptiste with 9.

The sophomores coached by Tom Rocco, were also away, starting the season to Addison Trail. They received a tough loss of 37-33.

“We did really well for our first game, but like any other team, we still have room for improvement,” said Denise Raga.

The Freshman team also played their first game the same day as the Varsity and Sophomores. They played hard, but came up short with a loss of 30-23.

“I feel there is a lot of pressure on the new level. This year is a lot different then last year, playing for RB,” said Leah McKelvey. McKelvey is a former basketball player at Hauser Junior High School.