Mural painting carries on the spirit of a neverending summer

Rachael Kluba

This year's Homecoming theme, Neverending Summer, will feature tropical and beach decor.  Students have been working on murals every Thursday morning.

Rachael Kluba

This year's Homecoming theme, Neverending Summer, will feature tropical and beach decor. Students have been working on murals every Thursday morning.

Rachael Kluba, Staff Reporter

Every Thursday until Homecoming, the Student Association has been gathering in the math hall to paint murals for the dance.  With this year’s theme being Neverending Summer, the school is getting ready to be thrown into a beach atmosphere.

SA Executive Board member Emma Veon said, “[This year’s mural painting has] one of the best show up rates.”

Being ahead of schedule has allowed SA board members to keep a positive attitude about their progress.

“We will definitely be done, with three more weeks,” said Executive Board member Abigail Louthen.

Junior Amy Zyck, who has been helping with the murals, said, “It is going well.  This year is not as stressful.”

Advance preparation has been a key for staying on track with the murals.

“Having a signup sheet ahead of time helped,” Louthen said.

Thursday mornings are not just busy with seniors, but with freshmen as well. What really got SA members excited was that, in comparison to last year, almost 10 to 15 boys showed up to help instead of about three, since it is more common for the girls to show up and help instead.

“I like it,” said freshmen Grace Watylyk, who along with Morgan Kraus, has gone to every Thursday morning painting session so far.

According to the participants, the work is rewarding, both for the social interaction and the art.

“Painting is the best part,” said Zyck.

Thursday mornings are a time when students can show their artistic side and see their participation through colors. The paintings they are making consist of palm trees, surf boards, sand, and a lot of Bulldog pride. By showing up and helping out with school events, these students are showing they are happy to be a part of the RB community. Based on the turn out rate and the amount of work getting done, it looks like homecoming will be a success for the Student Association this year.

Hopefully with this “fun and exciting theme,” said Veon, homecoming will be a blast for all of those who participate.

About the Contributor
Rachael Kluba, Staff Reporter

Rachael Kluba is a new addition to the Clarion Newspaper. She can write a story that makes professional papers seem weak and has the ability to catch a new story before it is even known by the most important people. Rachael can dish out the news in such a way that you could say she was like a superhero! Off the record, she may know a superhero who sports red, blue, and a giant S.

Being a senior, she promises to do better than the best at the job she is assigned to do. She is a soccer fanatic: being on the girls team, and joining in with the Bad Blue Boys at all the boys games. Cross country is another passion of hers as she shows her team spirit in her profile picture. To add to sports, she is also apart of the National Honor Society and th Student Association. Her friends say she is a bit of hippy, proven by the fact that she loves the Beatles and wears John Lenon glasses! She is a great add to the newspaper.

Rachael Kluba can be contacted at [email protected]