Two losses tough for new coach Curtin to tackle

Lewis Rogers walks alongside his teammates as they stare down a 57-12 loss to St. Francis in the team's home opener.  The team went on to lose 42-0 in their next game against Lemont.

Hannah Pecis and Isabel Pena

Lewis Rogers walks alongside his teammates as they stare down a 57-12 loss to St. Francis in the team's home opener. The team went on to lose 42-0 in their next game against Lemont.

Matt Potts, Staff Reporter

The football season is underway for the royal blue and white as the Bulldogs hope to improve on last year’s record of only two wins and seven losses. However, the first game of the season was one to forget as visiting St. Francis beat RB 57-12 and the second was not much better with a 42-0 loss to Lemont.

New head coach Brendan Curtin said, “It was heartbreaking.” Still, he noted that St. Francis is obviously an established program and a tough team.

After the tough loss to a great Lemont team, Curtin said, “This loss was a heartbreaker, but tough times strengthen a team.”

Riverside Brookfield wants to go 1 and 0 every week, but, that could prove to be a challenge with a tough schedule this year.  The team’s next game is on Friday, September 7th, at home against West Side.

Matt Potts, Staff Reporter

Matt Potts is new to Clarion and very excited to be joining.  He will be writing for the sports section.  Matt loves eating pizza every day for breakfast, finished off with chocolate cake and ice cream.  He enjoys long strolls in the park with his twelve dogs and prefers to go at midnight because he sleeps during the day.

In all seriousness now, he is fifteen years old. He wrestles at RB and enjoys the sport.  He’s happy to be taking Clarion this year and can’t wait to start writing stories for the paper.  Matt feels that Clarion will be a great way to tell the news of the school to students and others reading it.

Matt can be contacted at [email protected].